British Speedway Forum

WILL be a lot more to do and see this year

As someone who goes to Cardiff every year I'm hoping there is more at the fanzone to keep me more than the usual 15 minutes. Quite like the live band but it seems that been canned. There must be plenty of speedway personalities knocking around on the day (Loram,Havy etc, lets get em on stage and ask their opinions on the sport . Not just Pearson and Tatum who give us the PR spin. Keep the stage busy with something happening all the time

• Like 1

Gonna be like last season when i actually attended Cardiff's anti-speedway show. One path on one day track with no passing. Start-boredom-finish. Typical Cardiff but i bet there will be even less people on Millenium Stadium than there was a year ago.

Probably right as it's being held at the Principality Stadium this year.

• Like 1

Find a tout. Even if you're rubbish at haggling you'll get a ticket for £25

....but it doesn't guarantee you'll be watching any speedway! When my father and I got to our seats 5 or 6 years ago we found two innocent looking twenty somethings in our seats. After calling a steward to investigate, it turned out they bought 'our' tickets from a tout in the street. They were duly ejected from the stadium and to some degree I actually felt a bit sorry for them.

So the morale of the story is, but pukka tickets people or you may be very disappointed :t:

• Like 2

I'm going to have to drive to this event...I usually take the train.

What are the best car parks to use for the day?

Also...can anyone recommend any decent hotels, that don't cost £200 for the night a short distance from Cardiff?

Thanks in advance :-)

Also...can anyone recommend any decent hotels, that don't cost £200 for the night a short distance from Cardiff?

There are some cheap hotels in Swindon :wink:

Hope you get sorted and have a good time

There are some cheap hotels in Swindon :wink:

Hope you get sorted and have a good time

Indeed ;-)

I only live in Bristol...would get the last train back, but it's been cancelled so many times before, that I'm not going to risk being stranded.

Only downside to Cardiff, is there aren't enough hotel rooms for a capital. Always over priced too on a Saturday.

Plus I'm taking someone to their first ever speedway meeting, so want it to be fun and stress free.

I'm sure it will be fun ;-)

Edited by Gresham
  • Like 1

The new location for the fanzone offers a safer environment than the station area and a lot more room also, i personally thought having it outside Cardiff Central was a disaster way too hemmed in and bloody hot! 10 minute walk from the Stadium or 15 if your old or a bit p****d by then

Pellett Street CF10 4FD. Thats probably the cheapest car park, cost £7 for up to 24 hours. Most car parks once you get over 5 hours you're talking £10-20. You'd be a 10 minute walk away. The alternative is park in any of the other car parks and look at spending £15-20.

The other option is to park at Cathays train station and jump on a train for about £3 per person - you could walk it in about 20 mins too. But you probably won't save much if anything on parking that way so I wouldn't bother.

Pellett Street would be my suggestion

Edited by SCB

Use the official park and rides. Costs about a £5 each

Cost more and you have to wait in queue to get back to your card. A few years ago when I lived in Cardiff I managed to get home, have a shower and walk back into town and people were still queuing! Would have been about an hour after the meeting. Still say Pellett Street is the answer

Hi , I have 3 friends travelling over from Europe for the GP , does anyone have any tickets for sale I can get for them ? Thanks