British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Fixtures 2015 - 2016

Krasnikov wins with a round to spare and then goes easy in the final round.

He's still the best rider by far, isn't he?

All the best

Rob

Its a pity he's retired from the International Scene, as he's still by far and away the best rider. He may get the Wildcard in Krasnagorsk like he did last year. He was unbeaten in that round too!

It's winter. Even my van said it's too cold :lol:

-20 here in the south where I'm working. Up to -30 up north. For fridays practise at Ylitornio it's only -22 promised after been -29 the night before. Should be only about -14 for the meeting on saturday. Not going.

A mild -7 here.Snowing for a couple of days now and by the photos of a friend in Stockholm today,we have more than they do.Took a train 20 hours to go 38km on sunday because of the cold!!!! Workmates brakes were frozen as well.......maybe mine are too but I don't have to use the car for a few days and it is due to get warmer again

Surprised Conkers hasn't put the line-up for Ylitornio up.I am far too lazy :rofl:

Havent seen it myself either, received the one for östersund early this morning.

Practise cancelled at Ylitornio already last night, meeting will go ahead as planned. Currently about -20 according to internet in Ylitornio, will be cloudy and nice -10 to 15 tomorrow.

Practise cancelled at Ylitornio already last night, meeting will go ahead as planned. Currently about -20 according to internet in Ylitornio, will be cloudy and nice -10 to 15 tomorrow.

Fears of ruining the track 'cos its been so cold.

Duplicate

Edited by f-s-p

Straw bales and safety fence and yes the high snow wall.

I seem to remember it was unfair regs that caused Berlin to pull out of FIM meetings a few years ago.At least what they thought were unfair as other tracks got away with things Berlin were pulled up for.But to be honest surely straw bales are a minimum and a catch fence is preferable to a large safety zone,but necessary if the safety zone is not large.Sounds like chaos.Hope they manage to get it sorted.....

Straw bales and safety fence and yes the high snow wall.

I seem to remember it was unfair regs that caused Berlin to pull out of FIM meetings a few years ago.At least what they thought were unfair as other tracks got away with things Berlin were pulled up for.But to be honest surely straw bales are a minimum and a catch fence is preferable to a large safety zone,but necessary if the safety zone is not large.Sounds like chaos.Hope they manage to get it sorted.....

What strikes odd to me is that Seppänen is involved, Hirvasoja is involved, Jussi Roine (decades of experience in organizing meetings in the Oulu club) is involved and something like this is brought up???

What is the real story?

EDIT: and the way I saw it, practise is cancelled and meeting is on tomorrow Samstag.

Edited by f-s-p

I thought Jouni was the top FIM man now.So surely he is the one who gives the track the FIM approval?

I thought Jouni was the top FIM man now.So surely he is the one who gives the track the FIM approval?

He is, in ice racing. But Tony Steele is there as well as the jury president and can wipe his butt with Jouni if he wants to.

So you should get on the phone to Jouni or another contact there to get the full story.Guess if it has gone t**s up then the "do not disturb sign" will be on Jounis phone.....

Edited by iris123