British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Plymouth 31.7.15

Hell of a result for the Devils. Bet Somerset are glad SKY weren't in town for this one. Mind you I bet the SKY producers wish they had been.

We were beaten by a much better side tonight and there is no excuse for the three tape infringements. Rebels you win many and lose few and tonight you lost one you never expected to. Let it be a lesson and back at 'em. Men of iron are allowed a bit of rust in their underpants but let that be the end of the corrosion !!!

A well deserved victory for a very motivated Devils side who were well up for the challenge.

It's a long time since Risager performed as well as he did tonight. He fought for every point, regularly coming from the back. Fisher was fast and as combative as ever. Jack Holder looked a very exciting prospect and both Todd Kurtz and Kyle Newman were in fine form.

For the Rebels, it was simply a poor day at the office. Kurtz looked fast in his last two races when the meeting had been well and truly lost.

Worrall's perfromances are becoming a concern at the OTA and there were some cries of derision from the home crowd after his tactical race ended in him coming a poor last.

Many Rebels fans left before the end and the usual end of meeting dust in the mouth somehow tasted so much worse!

The meeting V Edinburgh at the Oaktree arena on Sky is going to be a cracker, Somerset lose and they can forget finishing top of the league, Let's hope Masters is back and both are at full strength .

Unlikely Sam will be back for this, gets the wiring out his hand about 7th or 8th so probably a week too soon although you never know with these speedway riders. He has been at every Edinburgh meeting (including at Plymouth) since the injury so he is desperate to get back.

Without Sam I think the Monarchs will struggle at OTA but this does give us hope and you can never write off the Monarchs

A phenomenal result for Plymouth, well done the Devils it was a shame we didn't see their real team at armadale. Who will Debbie Hancock blame for this one.

• Like 1

A bad day at the office, let's hope the Devils can put a good run together and reach the play offs ( after tonight ) on last nights performance they could do it. The Rebels 2016 signing Holder looks better every time I see him

Suddenly all the talk of Devils being able to reach play off's doesn't seem as far fetched as some might think. With James Wright coming into the team in place of Benko the team should be stronger from today and away fixtures to come against teams below them in the tables.

Edited by NJT
  • Like 1

were the rebels lowering their averages for next season. also if they let Plymouth win, there is a good chance that the devils will overtake ippo for the last qualifying place in the play off,s ......... .nerveless, a cracking result for the devils.

were the rebels lowering their averages for next season. also if they let Plymouth win, there is a good chance that the devils will overtake ippo for the last qualifying place in the play off,s ......... .nerveless, a cracking result for the devils.

Good points "jenga" I hadn't looked at it like that, I am still getting over the shock of Rebels losing at home !!! I'm glad there is somebody else as cynical as me in their thoughts !!!

• Like 1

...............then I woke up. It was just a bad dream. Phew!

Chance to restore order quickly tonight - just as the Monarchs did at Glasgow recently.

Jack Holder is on a 3 year contract with Plymouth

What's your point? :wink::shock:

• Like 1

I'm probably more cynical than most but why on earth would somerset want to lower averages at this time of the season, absolutely bonkers! Finishing top 2 in the league this year gives a big advantage skipping one round of the play offs and avoiding the other top 2 team until the final. Somerset have more away fixtures left but arguably except Berwick they are all difficult matches so they need results to go their way.

Edited by scotchopper