British Speedway Forum

Think it will be a decent signing if it is him, rather him than Klindt to be honest

have to agree - much better prospect than Klindt would have been

I could think Steve Boxall is better than Tai Woffinden, doesn't make it true...

My point was he shouldn't be written off just because he's an American with no BL experience. Manzares has proven that it would be foolish to do so.

Im pleased with Ruml,

Lets face it we are not in the running for the league so I would rather be entertained and seeing Kasper, Ruml, Heeps (hopefully) improve and Robson St will make Saturday evenings much more enjoyable than Kerb Krawling Klindt.

Found this site with some American results.

http://www.speedwaybikes.com/news/2015-USA-SpeedwayChampionships.htm

The kid does ok in that company & has potential but Aaron Fox's results are better & he didn't set the league alight.

It's difficult to plan long term when someone requires a work permit as its a big ask to achieve a 7 point average in the PL. I'd also assume that Gino will start doing the Nationals now & so makes top 4 finishes even more competitive.

The other concern is why make long term plans but don't include a rider like NBJ on a bargain average, a world class performer at u21 level, who doesn't require a visa & not use him.

spot on and anybody who thinks the American kid can sustain or better a 5pt average should wake up and smell the coffee.

going to the likes of Pboro and Sheffield will scare the hell out of him!..maybe a sick note for those away days!

Don't be so sure. Max and his brother are brave lads.

Im pleased with Ruml,Lets face it we are not in the running for the league so I would rather be entertained and seeing Kasper, Ruml, Heeps (hopefully) improve and Robson St will make Saturday evenings much more enjoyable than Kerb Krawling Klindt.

You hit the nail on the head, entertaining meetings and I think even if Rye are not the strongest of teams compared to others their home track advantage should see them ok most of the time, away from not so important, yes you want to do well in the league but how many fans travel to away meetings nowadays? Very few.

You hit the nail on the head, entertaining meetings and I think even if Rye are not the strongest of teams compared to others their home track advantage should see them ok most of the time, away from not so important, yes you want to do well in the league but how many fans travel to away meetings nowadays? Very few.

Well i travel away, not as much as i used to but i can tell you a trip down to Somerset to see us slaughtered is not much fun and yes entertainment is important but not as important as success. Away support is still evident for winning teams.

Years ago when we had bonus points and were winning at home by 30 points almost every week people on here were asking for closer more entertaining meetings, so over the last three or four years thats exactly what we have been given. Closer more entertaining meetings but no a particular good team. What happened to the crowds over the last few years yes well of course they plummeted. People need to make up their minds what they actually want, a mediocre team whose home matches are close and entertaining or a winning team. For me its the one area no different from Football, i want to be entertained but winning is more important.

Edited by westhamboy66
  • Like 3

Well i travel away, not as much as i used to but i can tell you a trip down to Somerset to see us slaughtered is not much fun and yes entertainment is important but not as important as success. Away support is still evident for winning teams.

Years ago when we had bonus points and were winning at home by 30 points almost every week people on here were asking for closer more entertaining meetings, so over the last three or four years thats exactly what we have been given. Closer more entertaining meetings but no a particular good team. What happened to the crowds over the last few years yes well of course they plummeted. People need to make up their minds what they actually want, a mediocre team whose home matches are close and entertaining or a winning team. For me its the one area no different from Football, i want to be entertained but winning is more important.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a track whose attendances had not dropped over the past few years. You would need to look at comparative figures for Rye and everyone else before you could suggest whether a lack of success was a significant factor. It could well be ... but then it could also be the case that Rye have been less badly affected - or at least no worse affected - than other tracks.

Is NBJ really that good? Personally Id expect his average to remain the same ish next season from what little I've seen of him especially with a new track to learn etc

Edited by dazpanther

Is NBJ really that good? Personally Id expect his average to remain the same ish next season from what little I've seen of him especially with a new track to learn etc

Yes (from a Somerset fan too)!

Yes (from a Somerset fan too)!

He rode Peterborough quite well in 2015 , I can't see he'll have much problem getting dialled in Edited by New era Panthers

Nikolaj won't do a Sundstrom and put 3 points on his average, but I'd guess he'll be averaging close to 8 points by the end of the season

• Like 3

Spot on, this is a sport, it is ultimately about winning and not about entertainment. Granted fans need to be entertained but first and foremost they want to see the best team they can representing them. I'd have no problem watching a team of seven gaters if they were winning home and away week in week out.

• Like 3

An absolute bargain on that average. Without u21 rounds to travel to I'd expect him to improve his average to 8/8.25

A rider like Max Ruml would be a great long term investment. He's at the top of the American domestic scene. He hasnt had as much UK experience ahead as some who came before (as the Dream Team is in mothballs right now) but he has aquitted himself well in SWC events all considered (a last to first blast at Vojens saw the race stopped with a fallen Russian).

He's need patience to begin with but has such talent, scope to improve and showmanship, not to mention the grooming he;s had for over 5 years from Billy Hamill. Whenever he decides he is ready the club who signs him will be very lucky as its going to be show time!

• Like 2