British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Just noticed that Jordan Road Surfacing has disappeared when the stadium name is given. So I guess that sponsorship is no more.

Also, find it a bit strange there appears to have been no promotion, so far, of the scheduled Sky match v Swindon next week.

wouldnt be at all surprised to see sky pull out of this ,they have cancelled 2 so far because of the chance of rain , cancel this one because of the chance of a whitewash

wouldnt be at all surprised to see sky pull out of this ,they have cancelled 2 so far because of the chance of rain , cancel this one because of the chance of a whitewash

Hope not or I will not have an excuse to go to the pub to watch it.

Just noticed that Jordan Road Surfacing has disappeared when the stadium name is given. So I guess that sponsorship is no more.

Also, find it a bit strange there appears to have been no promotion, so far, of the scheduled Sky match v Swindon next week.

I'm sure it was announced at the opening meeting that the sponsorship deal with Jordan Road Surfacing had come to an end & the stadium was now back to it's original name of Beaumont Park.

I'm sure it was announced at the opening meeting that the sponsorship deal with Jordan Road Surfacing had come to an end & the stadium was now back to it's original name of Beaumont Park.

The signs were still up for JRS

Don't say we're going to have another 'Will they/won't they' be racing scenario like the Kings Lynn v Coventry match? :blink: Sky pull out so Leicester want to revert back to their usual Saturday race night and call the match off.

Weather forecast for Saturday is OK at the moment, A cold front moves through our region during late Friday afternoon/evening, with rain on it, it exits into the north sea over Friday night, leaving Saturday to be cool, mainly dry with odd showers during Saturday day, dry for the evening, temps for Saturday range 8c to 13c, gusty winds during the daytime showers, calming down for the evening hours..

Next Wednesdays weather, I will have a look at the T144+ charts tomorrow to be able to give a broad forecast for that day..

• Like 1

Big Al- It's a bit early for the promotion of the Swindon match as still have a home meeting on Saturday where full details will be given and I am sure there will be an offer to try to get more fans to come to cheer on the Lions and Robins in front of the tv cameras just need some good weather now.

Although the season has only just started, as a measure of the strength of our top five compared with teams in years gone by, has any team previously (in any league) on any occasion, ever nominated their reserve pair for Heat 15? I think that Norrie was making a massive (but obvious) statement in the recent Lakeside meeting. Whilst everyone is expecting heads to roll shortly, as has been highlighted in previous posts, who is available/willing/better to bring in?

Although the season has only just started, as a measure of the strength of our top five compared with teams in years gone by, has any team previously (in any league) on any occasion, ever nominated their reserve pair for Heat 15? I think that Norrie was making a massive (but obvious) statement in the recent Lakeside meeting. Whilst everyone is expecting heads to roll shortly, as has been highlighted in previous posts, who is available/willing/better to bring in?

In 2000 Exeter put both reserves (Bobby Eldridge and 17yo Chris Harris) in heat 15 vs Glasgow. Exeter at that point had recorded 34 consecutive home 5-1s having beat Arena Essex 75-15 the week before. Chris Harris finished 3rd behind team mate Bobby Eldridge and Glasgow guest Scott Swain.

could this be worse than the 2011 comeback season V Glasgow think only one of theirs didn't get in double figures 28-62 ??

Suggestions that 'someone' has been sacked following last nights meeting. Safe to assume the implied person would be Walasek, but has there been any confirmation anywhere?

No point sacking without a replacement in mind. Would Kenneth Bjerre be available and acceptable?

• Like 1

With 8 points from his last 15 outings, he would seem the obvious candidate. Almost anyone would be better!

• Like 1

No point sacking without a replacement in mind. Would Kenneth Bjerre be available and acceptable?

I would be happy with Kenneth, as I reckon most of the fans would be.. but I would have thought we'd have tried him at the start of the season. If he wasn't willing to then, whats the likelihood he'd be willing to now?