British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

I think you need to lighten up! Game on, what's your prediction for the result of the second leg? ;)

I will wait for team news before making a fool of myself, I mean prediction
  • Like 1

it made a change to be at a proper meeting and for once no off track moaning!

better result than expected, lost my money in the sweepstake in the bar!

just shows that a team full of gaters will always win over racers, just like the GP really

It was a draw :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Well, I enjoyed that ~ perhaps helped by all the vapour/smoke wafting our way from someone smoking on the 3rd bend. What it was I don't know but it produced a hell of a lot of vapour that rivalled a steam train. Made me so chilled and laid back I didn't even get excited about the two last minute 5-1's. :lol: I noticed that Rory's 2 girls were supporting Poole so it must have affected them too. Oh well....onwards to the inevitable result next week.

Well done to Hans and Danny who were stars for the Bees. Chris was obviously not fit but battled on, as did Jason who took yet another tumble. :neutral: Hope both will be okay for the 2nd leg and we get a decent guest instead of Lindgren.

I dare say it will only move to Wednesday if it rains..............

RP

I dare say it will move to Wednesday tonight. Remember the 48 hour rule that Sky use? Or doesn't it apply to Poole?

Edited by Gemini

I do agree with Tatum. It's a shame these two teams have met in the semi instead of final as best two teams in the league and now one won't be in it.

I think whoever wins at Wimborne Road on Monday have to be favourites to win the title (Poole look most likely esp if Garrity is out)

Last nights semi was by far the best of the two first legs.

I don't take too much notice of Tatum, him being so bias towards Poole. Wouldn't surprise me if he was Poole's no1 supporter.

As for the 2 semi's I think it would be wrong to criticise BV for the way they performed this week, Brandon may have been more exciting, but only because two teams turned up to fight, whereas Monday, Swindon were so disappointing.

I don't see it being obvious as to who would be favourite to win the final. Lets not forget, Poole selected Coventry in the semi's, believing they were the easiest option. so they won't be keen to go to KL in the final.......

Still all to play for.... :cheers: .

They should, and if they don't the REF should warn them then fine them. Say £100 a time. Even the big boys would soon think twice about doing it.

you including Janowski I assume

Well, I enjoyed that ~ perhaps helped by all the vapour/smoke wafting our way from someone smoking on the 3rd bend. What it was I don't know but it produced a hell of a lot of vapour that rivalled a steam train. Made me so chilled and laid back I didn't even get excited about the two last minute 5-1's. :lol:I noticed that Rory's 2 girls were supporting Poole so it must have affected them too. Oh well....onwards to the inevitable result next week.

Well done to Hans and Danny who were stars for the Bees. Chris was obviously not fit but battled on, as did Jason who took yet another tumble. :neutral: Hope both will be okay for the 2nd leg and we get a decent guest instead of Lindgren.

I dare say it will move to Wednesday tonight. Remember the 48 hour rule that Sky use? Or doesn't it apply to Poole?

They are from Coventry too..Shocking! ;)

I'm convinced the signing of howarth for Robbo has actually weakened us.

As I said at the start of the season, I would have signed Summers over Robson.

I'm not sure what was wrong with Howarth last night as it usually good at Brandon, although saying that so is North.

Really bad luck they we haven't been able to finish the season with our own team and with Harris & Garrity injured as been an amazing season. This's team can not be faulted on the fight they give and the way they never give up.

• Like 1

you including Janowski I assume

Didn't read my post did you. You just jumped on the Magic bit... :icon_smile_clown:

I'm convinced the signing of howarth for Robbo has actually weakened us.

Robbo decided to miss the rest of the season so a change was needed anyway.

Robbo decided to miss the rest of the season so a change was needed anyway.

went with cheap option Howarth has been rubbish since he signed

As I said at the start of the season, I would have signed Summers over Robson.

I'm not sure what was wrong with Howarth last night as it usually good at Brandon, although saying that so is North.

Really bad luck they we haven't been able to finish the season with our own team and with Harris & Garrity injured as been an amazing season. This's team can not be faulted on the fight they give and the way they never give up.

Shame for the Bees they fell at the final hurdle after looking so solid for most of the season. . They probably peaked a bit too early but in the end it was probably the injuries that finished them off. What makes it difficult now is that of all the teams in the EL Coventry had a team that almost by chance gelled particularly well and probably brought the best out of each other until it all unravelled towards the end of the season. What now makes it difficult is that this side will probably be broken up and it will not be easy to put together another side that has the X factor that makes riders fit together in quite the same way. Tough on the bees but it's in the nature of the sport.

so they won't be keen to go to KL in the final.......

Still all to play for.... :cheers: .

Thought Kings Lynn were out