British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

Lakeside Speedway - Smoke & Mirrors?

Not true, you attack anyone and everyone who dares to disagree with the (more often than not) nonsense you post. Your Matt F butt kissing (on here and on our own forum) is embarrassing. The Poole forum itself has been on the verge of closure more than once and is it a coincidence that you're always at the centre of things when these threats by the webmaster are made? You then disappear for a few days to let the dust settle and then you reappear like a bad smell and it starts all over again.

Lisa is 100% correct, but she's too polite to say things directly unlike myself.

I haven't been on Poole forum for a while now, but I know Starman causes trouble on there as a certain poster comments on it on twitter and have seen for myself in the past. But as for being polite, I just too lazy to debate with Starman as it is like talking to a brick wall!
  • Like 3

Joining now.....well done Kev.

Are we getting a Hackney section as well?

Let's see Kommandant Cook try and close this one down!

• Like 3

Indeed that is what we did at Eastbourne when the official forum was closed by Mr Cook. Thankfully the new promotion at Arlington are keen to embrace the internet even more than the old.

Eastbourne seem to be all over the internet...and rightly so.

The key is to talk to the fans, which they do, and help the supporters understand what the issues and pressures are.

Most speedway folk want to know and, if they do, will generally be supportive.

Look at the threads on here with reference to Lynn and Leicester.

Tell people what a struggle it is to recruit a No 1 and what you are doing.

Promoters must never leave a vacuum - it will be filled; not necessarily to their liking.

I commented last year on Mr Cook's love of saving information for set-piece events when he sees fans face-to-face.

That belongs to another age. Get the information out there as soon as you can.

• Like 2

New forum created, here's the link:

http://lakesidehammerfans.freeforums.net/

Hopefully all those on the old forum can find and have fun using this new site

I've messaged a few of the old crowd who were on it before to let them know, and joined myself. Looking forward to some good discussions again. Notice I say discussions and not arguments !! Lol.

One thing I do want to say though is another possibility that needs to be put forward about the closure of the old forum.....it could have been because the admin guys who ran it and moderated it where necessary ( and I believe there was originally just two fans who ran it ) may have come to the position in their lives whereby they could no longer spare the time. We all get to that at some time in our lives. It's worth thinking about and now the new one is up and running, it's probably best to leave the past in the past and move forward. See you all on the new forum.

Joining now.....well done Kev.

Are we getting a Hackney section as well?

Let's see Kommandant Cook try and close this one down!

Not worth having an 'Ackney Sqwarks section mate......it won't carry that many posts !!! Lol

• Like 1

I've messaged a few of the old crowd who were on it before to let them know, and joined myself. Looking forward to some good discussions again. Notice I say discussions and not arguments !! Lol.

One thing I do want to say though is another possibility that needs to be put forward about the closure of the old forum.....it could have been because the admin guys who ran it and moderated it where necessary ( and I believe there was originally just two fans who ran it ) may have come to the position in their lives whereby they could no longer spare the time. We all get to that at some time in our lives. It's worth thinking about and now the new one is up and running, it's probably best to leave the past in the past and move forward. See you all on the new forum.

Not worth having an 'Ackney Sqwarks section mate......it won't carry that many posts !!! Lol

Looks like someone is heading for a ban already :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 2

I haven't been on Poole forum for a while now, but I know Starman causes trouble on there as a certain poster comments on it on twitter and have seen for myself in the past. But as for being polite, I just too lazy to debate with Starman as it is like talking to a brick wall!

Again I agree :t: