British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Kyle Newman

Another big score from reserve tonight. Won't be his last as he's too good for that role Had a good 2015 and surely he should have been made to step up to take a 1-5 position in a team. If he wants to progress, as Garrity has tried to do, he should have stepped up.

This is not anti Poole just my view.

When the first set of averages come out he will be the 1-5

Not sure that is certain. It definitely looks like Watt will be one of the reserves, but he could be joined by pretty much anyone. Ellis' maximum last week means he's far from certain to stay down at reserve - assuming of course I read the rulebook correctly.

I think I have read quite a bit on this already.

Surely it has nothing to do with wanting progression because he will move into the main body of the team soon regardless with what will look like David Watt at reserve. So then he will be riding top riders anyway.

As for Garrity and Coventry, it would appear that they missed a trick from what I have read.

I would say any rider like Newman, Garrity, Ellis, Starke who have all worked up from the National/Conference to the Premier to the Elite can hardly be described by any fan as a rider who doesn't want to progress do you?

Just my opinion.

Not sure that is certain. It definitely looks like Watt will be one of the reserves, but he could be joined by pretty much anyone. Ellis' maximum last week means he's far from certain to stay down at reserve - assuming of course I read the rulebook correctly.

Only Kyle can go into the 1-5.Ellis stays at reserve

• Like 1

Ambition and progress is not asking for something and being given it. It's wanting something and working for it, which is what Kyle is doing. Hes trying to get into the 1-5 with a team of very good riders. Meanwhile Garrity has been given the place but has 3 worse riders than him in the team so is not likely to be in reserve. Doesn't make him better than Newman, just better than the other riders in the Bees team - others, weaker riders who are in the Bees team because Garrity wouldn't start in reserve.

Jason has no proven anything or earned anything. And staying in the 1-5 of the Bees team will be nothing special, he'll just be staying ahead of two PL second strings. Meanwhile for Kyle to do it, with his lack of ambition, he has to get ahead of an Aussie Champion, a Polish SWC rider, a rider who finished top 3 of the season before lasts EL averages, a recent World Champion and someone who has been a heat leader in the EL for about 12 years! And Adam Ellis of course. Yeah, what a fool Newman is, trying to stay ahead of any 2 of that lot!

If Garrity had started in reserve the Bees could have had Stead and Barker at 2 and 4 and THEN he would have show ambition if he'd fought to get ahead of them. But no.

Edited by SCB

DKyle would have probably have had a max tonight but lifted badly at the start of heat two and had to battle to get a point. After that he was excellent.

I don't have the averages but thought Garrity and Newman were the two best reserves in 2015. They could win a match by themselves. It surprises me Newman can be a reserve again in 2016 as it gives a big advantage to Poole. Well done to them for capitalising on (my opinion) a flawed rule. I want even racing not one guy head and shoulders above the rest.

If he goes into the main team later in the season it will be good for him to race against some better riders in every heat. Only way to get better himself.

• Like 1

Not sure he's ready for the top five yet ..think he should stay in the draft system for another couple of years

• Like 3

Not sure he's ready for the top five yet ..think he should stay in the draft system for another couple of years

His average will decide his position.

I don't have the averages but thought Garrity and Newman were the two best reserves in 2015. They could win a match by themselves. It surprises me Newman can be a reserve again in 2016 as it gives a big advantage to Poole. Well done to them for capitalising on (my opinion) a flawed rule. I want even racing not one guy head and shoulders above the rest.

If he goes into the main team later in the season it will be good for him to race against some better riders in every heat. Only way to get better himself.

Garrity actually chose to be in the main body and refused to remain at reserve.

:lol::lol:

Only Kyle can go into the 1-5.Ellis stays at reserve

I thought that they both could..............there has been a lot of questions over that I know but the way it came across both could move up and down though not necessarily at the same time.............

RP

Ambition and progress is not asking for something and being given it. It's wanting something and working for it, which is what Kyle is doing. Hes trying to get into the 1-5 with a team of very good riders. Meanwhile Garrity has been given the place but has 3 worse riders than him in the team so is likely to be in reserve. Doesn't make him better than Newman, just better than the other riders in the Bees team - others, weaker riders who are in the Bees team because Garrity wouldn't start in reserve.

Jason has no proven anything or earned anything. And staying in the 1-5 of the Bees team will be nothing special, he'll just be staying ahead of two PL second strings. Meanwhile for Kyle to do it, with his lack of ambition, he has to get ahead of an Aussie Champion, a Polish SWC rider, a rider who finished top 3 of the season before lasts EL averages, a recent World Champion and someone who has been a heat leader in the EL for about 12 years! And Adam Ellis of course. Yeah, what a fool Newman is, trying to stay ahead of any 2 of that lot!

If Garrity had started in reserve the Bees could have had Stead and Barker at 2 and 4 and THEN he would have show ambition if he'd fought to get ahead of them. But no.

Doesn't this sort of statement of who Kyle Newman has to beat to get into the Poole 1-5, just highlights the total inequalities of the teams in the Elite League?

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Lets face it Garrity and Newman shouldn't be near the draft they've been head and shoulders above anyone else for two seasons in that role. What makes it worse is that Newman is only 6th on the draft list, thats just bonkers. You have to wonder what the others promoters think about during the AGM, the Poole promotion must literally wet themselves that things get voted for when it obviously helps them but hinders the rest. The season is virtually a right off for most of the clubs because they are so inept at AGM time.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 6