British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Comet Dan

Somerset V Workington - Knockout Cup 1st Leg 6/5/16 7:30pm

dont knock it till you've tried it .

• Like 1

14 points behind, I think it's going to be very close next week, possibly a Heat 15 decider. Disappointing night for the lower order, better from Kenneth away from home.

9 last places, very disappointing. Not good enough really. Greater effort from Rasmus, Kenneth and our guest.

9 last places, very disappointing. Not good enough really. Greater effort from Rasmus, Kenneth and our gu

so whats better , 8. its a big ask to go through a meeting with very few last places away from home .i am ok with that . if it had been a 30 deficit , . i would be v. unhappy ..... 14points behind with no tac ride in the cup meetings put us in a decent position .. chill peeps .

I think it was a decent outcome for us really could of been a lot worse especially if Tungate was riding and we didn't have a bit of luck, a 10-12 point defeat would of been better of course but our reserves are a different proposition at home, plus their reserves won't ever of rode our track before.

Bit of a "come and get me" score that, Comets should be well capable of pulling back 14pts at home but, Somerset are very good up here and this could very well come down to how well each other's reserves do?

Poor performance from our pairing tonight but they should be better at home and Somerset's, well, ain't ever seen them before but, they seem capable enough to adapt judging by the updates site so, yeah, could be a very interesting 2nd leg? ;)

Fourteen should be enough for the Rebels in the return, I predicted between 10 and 15 at the start. According to the updates it could have been worse for the Comets who certainly appeared to get the bounce of the ball as it were. Williamson interfered in at least three results, Allens puncture also cost the Rebels points. Still hopefully what goes around comes around. I agree it will probably be decided on how the Rebels newbies adapt to the Comets track, In our favour an in form Rohan will return, should be a cracker.

In fairness to the comets they were really good last night, best speedway match i've seen in a while.

• Like 2

Fourteen should be enough for the Rebels in the return, I predicted between 10 and 15 at the start. According to the updates it could have been worse for the Comets who certainly appeared to get the bounce of the ball as it were. Williamson interfered in at least three results, Allens puncture also cost the Rebels points. Still hopefully what goes around comes around. I agree it will probably be decided on how the Rebels newbies adapt to the Comets track, In our favour an in form Rohan will return, should be a cracker.

To be fair Cliff, Allen's puncture happened after the race that he won. It was when he was leading heat 10 on a clear 5-1 with Grajczonek when his bike started slowing gradually lap by lap to a crawl at the end - and even then he still beat Campton who was very very poor until heat 14.

Tungate no doubt would of made a difference but not actually as much as you might think. Howarth scored 5+3 from 3 rides dropping just one point and in the race he touched the tapes the superb Bradley Wilson-Dean won it, so from his 4 rides we only dropped 1 point.

It's just a pity that we started quite slow, and was near enough level for the first half of the meeting before pulling away. Grajczonek was brilliant in his final 3 rides, no other way to put it. Wilson-Dean continues to impress too.

By the way, is Hansen like a better version of Nicolai Klindt? Cracking style and very quick when leading, and then half hearted when behind. Strange rider.

• Like 1

Kenneth can pass unlike Klindt. It's more entertaining when he doesn't make the gate because he is poetry in motion around Derwent Park, most exciting rider since Simon Stead was there. He just seems to take a long time to get dialled into tracks, he struggled at the start of last year at home and never got going away from home because he'd never seen most of the tracks, his average is going up all the time so he is getting better in the Premier League.

Kenneth can pass unlike Klindt. It's more entertaining when he doesn't make the gate because he is poetry in motion around Derwent Park, most exciting rider since Simon Stead was there. He just seems to take a long time to get dialled into tracks, he struggled at the start of last year at home and never got going away from home because he'd never seen most of the tracks, his average is going up all the time so he is getting better in the Premier League.

From what I saw last night, he can't pass wind. Very quick when he hit the front and right out on the fence. He barely got near to it when he was behind.

From what I saw last night, he can't pass wind. Very quick when he hit the front and right out on the fence. He barely got near to it when he was behind.

Have yourself a run up to Cumbria next weekend and you can watch him sailing around the outside of the Rebels :)

• Like 1

you cant judge a rider on one nights performance . stick with your own team , at least you may know something about the riders .... K.K.H. awesome @ d.p.

The result was about right I think on the balance of the meeting.

Not much luck going the Rebels way early on and the Comets battled hard and were good value. Should be enough for next week for the Rebels , I think a few of our riders enjoy DP.

From where I stood on the backstraignt I thought It was a shocking decision to exclude BWD when he went down he had literally nowhere to go- Hansen pushed Wright wide who in turn ran into Bradley. At least everyone is safe and well