British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Glasgow Tigers Pl 9-6-16 7-30pm

Very very poor again tonight I'm afraid.I suspect over the next few days and weeks (after a probable heavy slap at Edinburgh tommorow) that both management and riders will be bumping their gums. What difference will it make? None let's face it were crap. The writing has been on the wall for 2 or 3 years now and the chickens are at home roosting

• Like 1

Why couldn't Worrall ride like that for us?

Scores were close, never more than 4 points in it (I think) but racing was boring.

Heeps, Tungate and Nielsen from last year's side all seem to be enjoying much improved seasons elsewhere too.

You have to wonder what the reason is.

Or is it a coincidence?

• Like 1

There have been many that come to ipswich and their form suddenly drops or they get stale then they move on and they improve

I think you may be right Baldy re: Pugwash. IMO the only reason Danny was in heat 15 was because he can gate and on that track you needed to. Maybe that's the reason they didn't put Sarj off 15m in heat 8.

• Like 1

I would like to see louis out there with greenwood and castagna after the meeting helping them with setups. Maybe even riding their bikes and adjusting a few things for them.

I think you may be right Baldy re: Pugwash. IMO the only reason Danny was in heat 15 was because he can gate and on that track you needed to. Maybe that's the reason they didn't put Sarj off 15m in heat 8.

I think sarj could have caught up.
  • Like 1

I would like to see the whole team out there making use of the track time after a meeting, seeing as we seem to have a meeting every two weeks.

• Like 1

Me and fueltaps was still there when the dirt was scraped off after the meeting and you could then see how much or little dirt there actually is. Now I'm not a track expert to say if it was a lot or not, but I would definitely say it wasn't too much.

• Like 1

Oh I didn't like it much..such a strange place to watch speedway but probably brilliant for bangers, I will find out Saturday. I'm not sure bash but maybe the pugwash has something to do with ipswich speedway??? Or maybe a parent of a rider???

you are right badlyman I am something to do with Ipswich , I've enjoyed watching the speedway team for a good few years as a supporter , yes maybe a parent but the rider would be 45 lol . So I take it that if a supporter is not slagging their team of they must be an insider HAHAHA . I prefer to encourage and give benifit of doubt ,life is to short .Good meeting though you must agree ? Or not ? . Bloody hell what must I be now .lol
  • Like 1

It was a decent meeting, good crowd, lots of scottish nutters around to add to the atmosphere. I think I met paulco, not sure he had a whistle and a wicked laugh. Another poorly prepared track despite that horrible deep shale being clearly removed. Season over for us now.

Hopefully next season will be different. I just want a competitive team, team suits that are the same so that my club does not look stupid on track and a track properly prepared for racing.

• Like 1

I would like to see the whole team out there making use of the track time after a meeting, seeing as we seem to have a meeting every two weeks.

Three of the Rockets side were at the track testing yesterday. Do any of the Ipswich lads use the track for practice during the week? Are they allowed access to the stadium?

• Like 1

I think Glasgow supporters know Cookie better than you.

my half eaten cucumber in my fridge knows more about craig cook than morrissey fan .. and indeed speedway itself .

• Like 6

my half eaten cucumber in my fridge knows more about craig cook than morrissey fan .. and indeed speedway itself .

What is the half left in the fridge going to be used for J?

For the person who thought that Paulco was using a whistle and had a distinctive laugh, you may be right, but you may be wrong too. I dropped, the man himself off at his hotel after the meeting last night, alongside the eccentric and hugely lovable Willie, who said some magnificent, emotion jerking things about Billy Sanders - thank you so much Willie, from the bottom of my heart.

For Captain Pugwash, do I know you sir, as you may be one of the "inner sanctum" that I do know, either, formerly "just a fan", or a market researcher I met in the EE Store in Ipswich recently?

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

That Willie was a right character wasn't he. Thanks for the drink Paulco, also another very nice chap. It was definitely an interesting meeting that's for sure.

• Like 3

Three of the Rockets side were at the track testing yesterday. Do any of the Ipswich lads use the track for practice during the week? Are they allowed access to the stadium?

With the restrictions of stadium use the only testing they can do is after the meetings, which is why it's strange none of them seem to bother and very poor attitude IMO. They should be at least showing us they are trying to sort things out instead of packing up their vans and going home.

With the restrictions of stadium use the only testing they can do is after the meetings, which is why it's strange none of them seem to bother and very poor attitude IMO. They should be at least showing us they are trying to sort things out instead of packing up their vans and going home.

Curfew?