British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Not sure if it's already mentioned but Bomber will be doing photos, autographs and giving away goody bags to the kids before the meeting. This is why I'm determined to go tonight, guys like Bomber and those wanting to ride in this meeting deserve our support.

well done to Bomber.

• Like 1

Same old story with rider after rider pulling out. No point in having this once great meeting anymore if you ask me.

Poole Pirates........Matt Ford..........again not giving two monkeys about the sport in the UK by the fact that riding for them is their 2 reserves absolutly shocking. Maybe Hans could have rode as he is Lazarus and over his season ending injury.

Fair play if Iversen rides as he will be the favourite but surely he is on the cut off of the gp's so i wouldnt blame him for giving this a miss now that everyone else has.

He was on a jolly in Poland last night, he just can't be bothered

And the normal poole mafia not defending holder here tells us all we want to know !!

• Like 2

Same old story with rider after rider pulling out. No point in having this once great meeting anymore if you ask me.

Poole Pirates........Matt Ford..........again not giving two monkeys about the sport in the UK by the fact that riding for them is their 2 reserves absolutly shocking. Maybe Hans could have rode as he is Lazarus and over his season ending injury.

Fair play if Iversen rides as he will be the favourite but surely he is on the cut off of the gp's so i wouldnt blame him for giving this a miss now that everyone else has.

Don't rule out rule out Lambert mate!

• Like 1

When you look at the line up for the teams and where their riders are in the team averages.

Belle Vue

Cook (2nd). Nicholls (4th)

Coventry

King (2nd). Coventry (3rd)

King's Lynn

Iversen. (1st). Lambert (2nd)

Lakeside

Kennett (2nd). Nilsson (3rd)

Leicester

Houggard (2nd). Starke (4th)

Klindt is injured

Poole

Ellis (6th). Newman (7th)

Swindon

Morris (2nd). Tungate (3rd)

Wolves

Lindgren (1st). Masters (2nd)

Most teams do have 2 of their top 3 riders riding in it. The line up looks weaker because our league is. Poole are the only ones tracking their lowest averaged riders.

Tonight is also a chance for Bees fans to say their goodbyes to Bomber riding in bees colours and show their support.

Edited by mdmc82

When you look at the line up for the teams and where their riders are in the team averages.

Belle Vue

Cook (2nd). Nicholls (4th)

Coventry

King (2nd). Coventry (3rd)

King's Lynn

Iversen. (1st). Lambert (2nd)

Lakeside

Kennett (2nd). Nilsson (3rd)

Leicester

Houggard (2nd). Starke (4th)

Klindt is injured

Poole

Ellis (6th). Newman (7th)

Swindon

Morris (2nd). Tungate (3rd)

Wolves

Lindgren (1st). Masters (2nd)

Most teams do have 2 of their top 3 riders riding in it. The line up looks weaker because our league is. Poole are the only ones tracking their lowest averaged riders.

And as have I already suggested is that Pooles reserves still have a higher average than some of the riders in the meeting regardless of what Elite League team they ride for and what place they are in the averages.

Poor show from Holder to be a no show though as I think he could have won it.

Actually looking down your list, if Iversen did pull out, there would be no top averaged rider from any team in the meeting because Woffinden had the highest Wolves average regardless of rides. Consider that from ten years ago, that is shocking.

On the plus side of all this, I would rather up and coming British riders ride to get good experience in these kind of meetings against what is still a reasonably quality line up.

I predict

Lindgren

Iversen

King

He didn't 'pullout last minute' he's been advertising his chickens on Twitter, to anyone who could take them, as he had arranged to fly to Australia, the flight was yesterday.

No, he flew to Poland yesterday for their Gala night and has announced hes there for another year. I've always been a big fan of Holders but he's behaved like an arse recently. Not sure what his issue is!

• Like 2

What's the current weather like ?

Cook withdrawn. No name announced to replace him yet

No, he flew to Poland yesterday for their Gala night and has announced hes there for another year. I've always been a big fan of Holders but he's behaved like an arse recently. Not sure what his issue is!

Probably because he is a 'Monster athlete' and not a speedway rider anymore?

What's the current weather like ?

Been grey all day but no rain.

I am no fan of Holders but come on why is he getting all the stick

Jason Doyle - Not riding before his injury.

Matej Zagar - Not riding.

Andreas Jonsson - Not riding

Nor am I moaning about any of the above as most of their kit is packed up and being shipped to Australia.

• Like 1

Because he pulled out this morning after being on a jolly in Torun last night. The 3 you named were never in the original line up. Also Bomber, Lindgren, Masters and Iversen would also have kit shipped out so that isn't a valid excuse.

• Like 5

still crying from Wednesday ?

You'd think Cook would want a bit of revenge. Nothing official about him missing though.