British Speedway Forum

There is.

Klindt vs the reserves announced so far.

Bates - Ill say 50/50 around Coventry but Klindt at Poole all day long.

Sarjeant - Klindt will have him on toast on any track.

Branford - See above.

Zach W - Cant even score a point at PL level.

Clegg - Klindt will have him on toast as well.

Plus he meets a lot of these guys twice in a meeting.

For me the important thing is he should insure we don't get turned over 1-5 in the reserve races. Anything above a 3-3 to me is a bonus in the early months as Shanes beds in and tries to pinch points off some of the not so good reserves.

I am sure Matt Ford has covered the bases as mentioned in my earlier posts. Also riding in a good side should in itself help produce bonus points.

Let's be honest. Near enough every club in new Prem would have liked this guy as a reserve which in itself is good enough for me.

• Like 2

Have a day off from what??

Klindt will have some awful meetings and is no guarantee to beat the better reserves every time. He will maintain his average im sure but im not expecting him to be banging in big scores every week as he isnt that sort of rider.

klindt had awful meetings all his career anyway can't see that changing anyway

Ditto the vast majority of riders, hence why so many want to sign for Poole.

Poole got 'out Pooled' for a change.

Like you say, a worrying sign of the times when every top flight club would be chasing to sign Klindt.

Only cos he ought to improve his low average .... that's how u win leagues innit?
  • Like 1

There is.

Klindt vs the reserves announced so far.

Bates - Ill say 50/50 around Coventry but Klindt at Poole all day long.

Sarjeant - Klindt will have him on toast on any track.

Branford - See above.

Zach W - Cant even score a point at PL level.

Clegg - Klindt will have him on toast as well.

Zach i agree with but you honestly think Klindt is that much better than Sarjeant or Bates? Branford and Clegg are more than capable on there day of beating Klindt. He is so hot and cold he could thrash all these boys one day and be half a lap behind the next day.

His average is so low he should maintain it and in this league it counts for a lot. But the fact some Poole fans are hailing him as the second coming when last year he was seen as a joke is a bit of a stretch.

Klindt provides one thing we did not have last year. A small track ace. He will be able to help riders adjust to small tracks at Leicester, Wolves and Rye House. We missed that last year I thought.

Strange post!! Its the small tracks he struggles on!!!

Expect him to get zilch at Rye House!

At Lakeside last year he score 2 and then 1 in the reserve position

at Wolves a good 7 followed by 5 then 0

Edited by Gavan

Klindt finished last season top of Leicester's averages. Riders always up their game when riding for Poole.

What is it with (some) Poole fans that think riders only up their game when they go there!

Same posters i guess!

Top of the averages on 6.36 and some from reserve hardly a glowing endorsement in a poor Leicester side.

I will say it again signing Klindt is a no brainer on that average but he will throw in some absolute shockers especially on the small technical tracks like Rye House

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

What is it with (some) Poole fans that think riders only up their game when they go there!

Same posters i guess!

Top of the averages on 6.36 and some from reserve hardly a glowing endorsement in a poor Leicester side.

I will say it again signing Klindt is a no brainer on that average but he will throw in some absolute shockers especially on the small technical tracks like Rye House

Fair assessment I'd say. I'd imagine though that even with the shockers he will still score well more often than he doesn't.

Could someone explain the "new" rules, because I am confused by what Brady Kurtz average will be

7.65 his PL average with Plymouth.

• Like 1

Relax everyone - the team is set - from now until the first wheel turns its just opinions and we are all entitled to one

• Like 1

Relax everyone - the team is set - from now until the first wheel turns its just opinions and we are all entitled to one

Of course its done, its been done for a while now. Just waiting for Matt to make the final anouncment..

Yes only a short time now before we run out of things to discuss on who may/may not sign.

As we draw to team conclusion at Poole and have a period of calm, the real car crash seems to be going on at Coventry who may not even race the way its going, plus the doubts as to what's going on at Leicester and how will B.Vue pan out.

Now we are drawing to a team close I find the real action is going on with these forums as fans get worried/frustrated/angry at the way our sport seems to be getting dragged down the toilet.

In a way I hope we go for a stronger 16/18 team league and not have a Prem/Champ. I can see it heading that way and maybe better for the sport. There will always be the have's and have not's but no different to any other major motor sport or football (Moto GP/Formula 1/European Football. That's the way life is. The main thing is to have as many as viably strong clubs as we can with exciting racing.

In its current format its falling apart IMO and that can't be good for Speedway. Much as I like Poole there isn't much point if its against hardly any clubs going forward. Of course I want to win the league and cups but its the stability and strength of the clubs going forward. Plus exciting racing.

We had large leagues 1 & 2 in the seventies (my first meeting at Hackney in 1970 we had 19 teams lge 1 and 17 in lge 2 plus both lges had KO Cups) and I would rather have one strong league plus a feeder/nursery league like N/L than have what is currently 9 but could be 8/7 teams come March with so many doubts of what is going on. Also have a KO cup over 2 legs

I enjoy reading and contributing to the Poole Forum since I joined this forum 3/4 or so weeks ago, but find visiting some of the others so depressing for their fans as they don't know if they will have a club or not.

Anyway the forum is all about opinion and that's mine. At least trial it.

• Like 2

Yes only a short time now before we run out of things to discuss on who may/may not sign.

As we draw to team conclusion at Poole and have a period of calm, the real car crash seems to be going on at Coventry who may not even race the way its going, plus the doubts as to what's going on at Leicester and how will B.Vue pan out.

Now we are drawing to a team close I find the real action is going on with these forums as fans get worried/frustrated/angry at the way our sport seems to be getting dragged down the toilet.

In a way I hope we go for a stronger 16/18 team league and not have a Prem/Champ. I can see it heading that way and maybe better for the sport. There will always be the have's and have not's but no different to any other major motor sport Also have a KO cup over 2 legs

That has been on the cards for a while now. We will see what happens after next season. Anyway, we have the K O Cup back next season which will be one home one away. Yes i understand what you say about the other clubs. If Coventry get offered Leicester as a tempary home as ive said many times before then they should take it. As for BV that is quite worrying, as you do wonder if they will actually run.

That has been on the cards for a while now. We will see what happens after next season. Anyway, we have the K O Cup back next season which will be one home one away. Yes i understand what you say about the other clubs. If Coventry get offered Leicester as a tempary home as ive said many times before then they should take it. As for BV that is quite worrying, as you do wonder if they will actually run.

Lets hope all 3 do but at worse I would take 2 of them reading as it does presently.

The die is set for 2017 so let's get on with it but I do hope that the BSPA and individual promoters bang heads together during the season to come up with something workable for 2018 otherwise our sport will descend into farce. For me its one big league with a KO and maybe even a league cup style comp as they had in old PL last season. just knocking thoughts around. I am also sure the powers that be could com up with a sensible idea on team strengths/points limits and let the promoters work within their budgets.

No different to other sports. Money will always play its part just as we have the Man Utd/City - Honda/Suzuki - Mercedes/Red Bull/Lotus situations plus smaller teams. Ultimately in Speedway it is still only 4 riders per race and you will never have 4 World Class stars in a race with the points limits so we would still get racing we all want to see - experience - middle order - lower order - youth.

Is it really so difficult if the sport wants to fight for its existence/future. Also means clubs in Scotland would see a Poole just as we would see them down in the South.

Anyway I will hope we win the league and KO Cup in 2017 while seeing exciting racing and exciting young talent,and keep my fingers crossed my thoughts bear fruit for 2018.