British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Plymouth 2017

sorry but the thought of a consortium scares me more..

too many chiefs and not enough indians so to speak.. best of luck guys i hope the new promotion do everything bang on for the supporters but also keep everything very close to their chest too many people know too much and chinese whispers are more deadly than the truth half the time.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth-devils-face-a-december-deadline-to-race-next-year/story-29874285-detail/story.html

Well information that has come to me from a couple of different way tell me a certain ex rider from Cornwall is leading the march.. but wasn't he part of the old consortium ???

Will all these people saying a clean sweep be discouraged by this or will you be ok with it ??..

He is a great bloke as well good mate and a great family we will see what happens the plot thickens

Sorry to say your information about leading the march, it is totally in the wrong direction, in fact such a wrong direction that I hope all that are on the march have their Passports with them, they will be needed.

Sorry to say your information about leading the march, it is totally in the wrong direction, in fact such a wrong direction that I hope all that are on the march have their Passports with them, they will be needed.

ahh cool thought someone may know a bit more.. thanks for the update.. the suspence is killing lol.. lewy hindered to a cornish connection and then two people said that said cornish rider was in the hunt.. thought it would be safe putting two and two together..

back to the drawing board cant wait to see who is up for running it next.. hope they do a better job than previous parties.

Edited by no name

a former rider who does NOT live in Newquay and is a cousin of a 2016 Premier League rider COULD be the answer to the question

thank you...

a former rider who does NOT live in Newquay and is a cousin of a 2016 Premier League rider COULD be the answer to the question

Really? Surprised at that one, if it's who I think it is. I think allott of people would be.

Edited by SCB

Names o.o Or is that not allowed? XD I think I know who

Well information that has come to me from a couple of different way tell me a certain ex rider from Cornwall is leading the march.. but wasn't he part of the old consortium ???

Will all these people saying a clean sweep be discouraged by this or will you be ok with it ??..

He is a great bloke as well good mate and a great family we will see what happens the plot thickens

if he is such a good mate he would have told you if it was him or not or weather it was your ex father in law.

i thought it was seemond stephens but maybe not..

Surprised you got it wrong again!

if he is such a good mate he would have told you if it was him or not or weather it was your ex father in law.

Haven't spoken to him in a while I do apologies.. rolleyes.. he can be a mate and not speak for a while.. I dont think mike would get it anyway some one will probably value it more than he would he would have put in a low ish bid I reckon but time will tell I guess..

Surprised you got it wrong again!

And not again that was my first thought not really had another thought to be fair I have better things to be thinking about at this moment in time...

Can't wait to find out who it is.. stop all this speculation and at last you guys will have something to be happy about I hope.. you guys will flourish in the national league get that crowd back strong and healthy and then move up again

Hi All,

I have read through all the posts on this thread as I have just joined this forum. I understand how opinions are formed, often with fragments of information which colour the way we think.

I have been around Plymouth Devils from all the way back to the days at Pennycross Stadium in the early 50's to the revival by Mike Bowden at the St Boniface arena and all the years since. Without that revival it is unlikely that we would exist at all today. However, it was not all roses as I remember the riders boycott when they refused to ride due to non payment of their fees. Reportedly a BSPA representative on hand ready to secure the site.

More recently with the help of Manor Delta the trust set up by Colin Hill from Exeter for speedway in Devon, co-promotors took over running the Devils. (To answer an earlier question this fund is reportedly now run dry)

It is now well documented that before the season started the Devils were closed down and the fans, their committee and a few investors got together to save the situation. The sole objective was to keep Premier league action in Plymouth for the entire season.

There were considerable donations from the fans and the new "Fanzone" developed bringing in a very large contribution through events and commercial activity.

Sadly main sponsors did not come through, to my mind poorly negotiated with no formal agreement in 2016 and a failure to live up to expectation in the sponsors opinion in 2015. This was a significant blow to incomes.

Add to this the, investors, due to the failure to conclude outstanding contracts by the promoters, refused to dig any deeper into their pockets. So into administration, at a sum that was obviously a carry over from earlier seasons losses and way beyond what had been earlier admitted.

So from the Fanzone point of view, despite all the success they had achieved it they were left high and dry. There were significant deals being negotiated for 2017 and 2018, way beyond anything formerly achieved which will now not go forward.

Premier League was a realistic financial ambition for the foreseeable future especially with the Fanzone team staying together.

I sincerely hope that for the continuance of Plymouth Devils neither former promoter gets control or we will have more of the same no matter in what league the Devils find themselves.

Over the years I have missed very few meetings and sadly I too am finding my loyalty severely stretched by recent events.

• Like 1