British Speedway Forum

He has had some decent meetings too tho.

Hes been a great rider , but he's 40 now Isn't he ?

surely there was other options out there, under the 7 point mark ?

Hes been a great rider , but he's 40 now Isn't he ?

surely there was other options out there, under the 7 point mark ?

And PK was 46! It's not really relevant AFAIC.

Adam was on a reduced average due to being out of racing for a few years so it seems it was worth the gamble.

As for other options such as?? We wouldn't want another double upper missing meetings either so that narrows choice down even further.

Last time Adam rode here 3 seasons ago he was number one at Birmingham.

• Like 1

Last time Adam rode here 3 seasons ago he was number one at Birmingham.

Can't argue with they but how did they work out for Birmingham? They had a poor team, crowds dropped and they went bust.

He's trialing a different engine from BMW is that right?

Cost him and his team today. Very poorly motor.

Can't argue with they but how did they work out for Birmingham? They had a poor team, crowds dropped and they went bust.

Think we all know how that story went.

Stats still the same however as we are talking about the ability of a rider to do the job in hand.

He hasn't been as poor as some were saying he would be.

Truth is that the skill mix is wrong so it's important that is addressed ASAP.

He's trialing a different engine from BMW is that right?

Cost him and his team today. Very poorly motor.

It isn't a BMW but it is German.

It isn't a BMW but it is German.

the guy worked for BMW but it isn't a BMW engine , we have been having various problems with the engines or more precisely the ignitions , we are working very hard trying to find out what the problem is , last Monday against Coventry we thought we had cracked the problem and the engine rode faultless all night and adam got 2 wins on it , after the meeting we tested a GM Adam had brought over from Poland and did 6 faultless laps , then onto belle vue , we warmed both bikes up and they never missed a beat , he went out in his first ride on the German engine and we chose the wrong gearing for the engine and were way under geared , it was the same gearing as the rest of the team but it didn't work for us , so we changed the gearing and went out for his 2nd ride , as soon as I pushed him off the misfire was there but he still managed a 2nd on a misfiring bike , for his 3rd ride he rode his GM which seized on the back straight of the first lap so had to go back onto German engine for 4th ride ,we tried everything we know to get to bottom of problem but to no avail , this is just an explanation of what is happening it's not an excuse and we know we have to put this right , it is hurting us as much as it's hurting the wolves supporters ,adam has brought another GM and we hope to be back in the points soon
  • Like 9

Once again folk are blind to the fact that our second highest averaging rider fails to beat an opposing heat leader in his programmed rides.

It's only the fact he is riding at No 4 and gets his fourth ride against a second string and a reserve that is masking his poor away performances.

Skornicki and the reserves are not the only problem.

• Like 1

the guy worked for BMW but it isn't a BMW engine , we have been having various problems with the engines or more precisely the ignitions , we are working very hard trying to find out what the problem is , last Monday against Coventry we thought we had cracked the problem and the engine rode faultless all night and adam got 2 wins on it , after the meeting we tested a GM Adam had brought over from Poland and did 6 faultless laps , then onto belle vue , we warmed both bikes up and they never missed a beat , he went out in his first ride on the German engine and we chose the wrong gearing for the engine and were way under geared , it was the same gearing as the rest of the team but it didn't work for us , so we changed the gearing and went out for his 2nd ride , as soon as I pushed him off the misfire was there but he still managed a 2nd on a misfiring bike , for his 3rd ride he rode his GM which seized on the back straight of the first lap so had to go back onto German engine for 4th ride ,we tried everything we know to get to bottom of problem but to no avail , this is just an explanation of what is happening it's not an excuse and we know we have to put this right , it is hurting us as much as it's hurting the wolves supporters ,adam has brought another GM and we hope to be back in the points soon

Thanks for the info. A terrace discussion on Monday with a friend touched on the difficulties of trialling something different; when things go wrong, the problem -- and, more pertinently, the solution -- is perhaps not as obvious compared with, say, a GM which will be more familiar mechanically to everyone concerned.

FWIW I thought Adam more than did his job on the Monday (not a league match, of course) -- two wins, including negating a tactical ride, and two thirds in home 4-2s.

Thanks for the info. A terrace discussion on Monday with a friend touched on the difficulties of trialling something different; when things go wrong, the problem -- and, more pertinently, the solution -- is perhaps not as obvious compared with, say, a GM which will be more familiar mechanically to everyone concerned.

FWIW I thought Adam more than did his job on the Monday (not a league match, of course) -- two wins, including negating a tactical ride, and two thirds in home 4-2s.

between me and Adam we have over 40 years racing experience but this engine is proving a testing time for us , the ignition system is in our opinion way to complicated for what's needed in speedway , the engine itself isn't too bad when it runs ok but for whatever reason it just develops a randem misfire and we just can't find out why , like I said at wolves on Monday it run perfect then at belle vue it played up , it played up at rye house before the meeting but ran ok during the meeting ? we have sent one of them back to Germany and brought over a GM and that seized but we will sort this and be back in the points soon Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

Without sounding like a broken record wolves need to go sign Danyon Hume while hes average is still 2.00 i see he scored another 11 points for Ipswich last night.

Sorry if your bored of me me keep banging on about it but a positive move needs to be made because greaves will stay at 2.00 and all the decent replacements that are available now will be on 4.00 ish averages shortly

• Like 3

Without sounding like a broken record wolves need to go sign Danyon Hume while hes average is still 2.00 i see he scored another 11 points for Ipswich last night.

Sorry if your bored of me me keep banging on about it but a positive move needs to be made because greaves will stay at 2.00 and all the decent replacements that are available now will be on 4.00 ish averages shortly

Likewise I've been saying the same. However I would worry how many fixture clashes he might have with work clubs already.

Plus I'd imagine when averages change Greaves will be replaced by Clegg with a higher averaged rider at number 6.

What are the wolves riders averaging so far this season? Anywhere these can be viewed online, as scbs excellent site doesn't seem to be updated yet.

What are the wolves riders averaging so far this season? Anywhere these can be viewed online, as scbs excellent site doesn't seem to be updated yet.

Wolves official website has them.

Edited.. just checked, not yet included the Belle Vue away match.

Edited by BWitcher

Terrace talk last night suggested Jacob Thorssell would miss Kings Lynn at home on May 1st. This is supported on the European Championship forum pages that Swedish authorities have nominated him for a qualifier in Hungary on that day!

I presume no guest cover is allowed?

Should this fixture be rearranged and let the squatters run at 7:30pm that night instead of the double header at 6pm?

• Like 2