British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NickRushbrook

Lakeside 2017

Jonsson, Kennett, Lawson, Nicholls, Nilsson.

How does that do average wise? Get Bridger to get a PL average (12 meetings?) then sub him in as an ELDR, Poole would do it.

2. Davey Watt=5.40

Good riddance to that tripe don't bring him back

Edited by Col

Yeah we dont want Watty back. He should just ride PL now for the last couple of years of his career.

Nicholls would be fine for a year. We need riders who are good away from home thats been our problem for years.

Where are all the Lakeside fans on this forum?

2 pages worth of talk so far and you have to add on another 50 to where Poole 2017 is at the moment.

Ok I will add some input on what I think Lakeside should be doing.

First riders they should sign are Adam Ellis and Paul Starke. Both were magnificent when Poole registered their only defeat and will give Lakeside good away options also if they swap them at 2 and 6. Ellis is an asset and doubt Leicester will ride Elite League.

Than obviously Andreas Jonsson and possible Edward Kennett being the spine of the team so it may look something like:

1) A Jonsson

2) A Ellis

3) E Kennett

4) Swiderski/Schlein?

5) R Lawson

6) P Starke

7) J Auty?

Looks solid enough but perhaps unlikely to be the team and maybe Lakeside will want to use last years No 8 Dennis Jonsson was it? Another question is will Lewis Bridger be there instead of Ellis or someone else?

Edited by Joe Beevers

Much will depend upon the structure of teams, points limits & can double uppers continue?

If not then i suspect no Kennett in the EL next season.

Asset or not i can't see Ellis leaving Poole

Ditto Starke & Somerset who are also a Friday night track

Lawson is a must on his average. Strong rumours linking Nicholls & Lakeside?

At a guess

Jonsson - 8.45

Lawson - 5.74

Nilson - 6.88

Bech - 6.26

Nicholls - 6.59

Branford - 3.00

Morley - 3.00

Total 39.92

Where are all the Lakeside fans on this forum?

2 pages worth of talk so far and you have to add on another 50 to where Poole 2017 is at the moment.

Ok I will add some input on what I think Lakeside should be doing.

First riders they should sign are Adam Ellis and Paul Starke. Both were magnificent when Poole registered their only defeat and will give Lakeside good away options also if they swap them at 2 and 6. Ellis is an asset and doubt Leicester will ride Elite League.

Than obviously Andreas Jonsson and possible Edward Kennett being the spine of the team so it may look something like:

1) A Jonsson

2) A Ellis

3) E Kennett

4) Swiderski/Schlein?

5) R Lawson

6) P Starke

7) J Auty?

Looks solid enough but perhaps unlikely to be the team and maybe Lakeside will want to use last years No 8 Dennis Jonsson was it? Another question is will Lewis Bridger be there instead of Ellis or someone else?

Dennis Jonsson has retired after nasty back injuries, Ellis wants to stay at Poole.

Edited by remembertheracers

Dennis Jonsson has retired after nasty back injuries, Ellis wants to stay at Poole.

Who is Dennis Jonsson? If you mean Andreas, I'd be very surprised if he has retired

Who is Dennis Jonsson? If you mean Andreas, I'd be very surprised if he has retired

He was Lakeside's No. 9 (never used) - suffered a severe injury mid/late season and, I believe, may well have retired.

More fool them then!

To be fair we've always signed who were at the time 'number ones' on a lower average which gave us points to play with. Certainly wouldn't say no to AJ for 2017!

• Like 1

Sad to hear about Dennis Jonsson. I know he signed at the start of the year but hadn't heard anything since.

Be interesting to see if Nicholls does go to Lakeside and I completely forgot Kim Nilsson who could be an improver on his average.

So, Jonsson, Nilsson and Nicholls the spine with whoever fits in I suppose.

Sad to hear about Dennis Jonsson. I know he signed at the start of the year but hadn't heard anything since.

Be interesting to see if Nicholls does go to Lakeside and I completely forgot Kim Nilsson who could be an improver on his average.

So, Jonsson, Nilsson and Nicholls the spine with whoever fits in I suppose.

The most important name to get on the books, as far as I am concerned will be Kelvin Tatum. After that Kim Nilsson is probably the only one nailed on. After that it depends on how the league is structured, what happens about doubling up and how the EDR is arranged. No point in speculating until that is known.

One rider may be moving South, another may possibly be moving North, one of the EDR's is dead keen to stay, and I suspect the other one may retire. Lewis Bridger will be on a bargain average if he gets a PL place and benefits from more regular racing, even more so if he gets rid of the Jawa and goes back to a GM, but that seems unlikely on his present sponsorship deal.

Not sure what I think about Scott coming. I like him a lot and he is always very sociable. If he rode every or nearly every meeting as he did in the play off semi final he would be a great signing but he has guested quite a lot for Lakesside with good bad and average performances in roughly equal measure.

Edited by Daytripper

I'd very much like to see Frederik Jakobsen given a go. He's a great little prospect and has stated recently he's looking for an EL club.

At a guess

Jonsson - 8.45

Lawson - 5.74

Nilson - 6.88

BECH - 6.26

Nicholls - 6.59

Branford - 3.00

Morley - 3.00

Total 39.92

BECH?

Are you serious??!!

too right wouldn't have bech back if he was free. surely AJ ED & KIM must

be nailed on.hopefully a few teasers at the D&D later this month

I would love to see AJ at Coventry now he's out the Gp you never know that would leave Lakeside in a bit of a mess

• Like 1