British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

So a month since the bspa confirmation with full details on management, race night and structure in early January.

Since the we have had Dave Darcy confirmed as promoter,that's it.

DD advised on 4 January that priority is sorting the team out and has in interviews advised he is pleased with the riders he's looking at signing and would choose these riders anyway.

So no manager, no race night, no management structure and no riders. All we know is Richard Lawson thought he was coming to Leicester but isn't and that the lions team building will depend on the Coventry situation as they have riders with contracts already and we could pick up those contracts.

So who is making the decisions at Leicester? DD at one minute happy with the riders he was looking at but those discussions seemingly on hold pending Coventry. Is the decision on riders coming from bspa, buster or DD?

In that regard, deadlines come and go, further deadlines provided with the looming prospect that Coventry don't officially run as the Bees.... but Leicester become a quasi Coventry set up.

Does the bspa have a liability to the Bees riders who have signed a contract?

Buster and DD have said that they may be interested in some of the Coventry riders. Also, we dont know what is going on in the background or who is involved. We will know when anything definite is reached!

So, if Buster is just an interim lease holder of Leicester Speedway (See Cov Thread) and is ultimately looking for someone else to take the reigns....

Who would you like?

Who would be ok?

Who you definately don't want?

Looked a nasty femur break - although now back in training I see. Hope to see him back fit soon, could be a good signing but I've lost track of this 'average's' cr@p.

A bust femur shouldn't be too much of a problem. This is a guy who puts his own dislocated shoulder back in joint, mid-race.

Joonas Kylmakorpi is often referred to by the nickname "cup-of-coffee"

His mechanic used to have a great t-shirt printed "Joonas Killed my Corgi".

Why do Leicester have TBC near all their fixtures?

Only home ones. Presumably as race night is not confirmed

Does this mean we're signing Tai Woffinden halfway through the season?

Yes it looks like Lions are sticking to Sat nights, but I would guess that all depends on if Cov run or not? Or maybe if Cov come and track share with us?

• Like 1

Looking at the fixture list on the SCB website. It shows the Lions having a very mixed bag of race nights,every day of the week it seems with a few Friday and Saturdays thrown in for good luck.

Is this an actual fixture list as it shows the Bees coming to the tapes, or is it just an intim one that will be changed, when everything has been done and dusted.

So far we have no clue to the acual race night, or if we even have any riders yet.

With less than 7 week to the big opening day of the season, this is very poor. How much longer before all the news on the clubs is actually told, we are still not sure about the Bees or Belle Vue, and things are still looking a bit strange at BP.

Be much happier when they announce a manager and a team, plus a race night.

The Bees fans don't seem happy to coming and watching thier team at BP, surely if they do come and race here, you would think they would want to come and support thier team. Make as much noise as they can, about getting a new track built, not having to listen to all the rubbish they have had to listen to since 2010. But real posative words from both promoter and the local councils, there must be land around there that can be suitalble to build a stadium on, get out there do as much as you can to make thier lives hell, until they get that fed up with you, that they dow down and give you the land and organise someone with reall interests in the Bees to help sort out how to get the money to get things started, don't wait the 20 years it took the Lions to come back, keep at them until it happens and make sure it happens sooner than latter. But most of all it will depend on the fans still supporting the club.

If the fans can't be bothered to come and see thier team, then I think that, that will be the nail in the coffin for the Bees. A club with such long standing in our Bristish speedway deserves to be here for as long as speedway keeps going in this country. if nothing is done, that will be one great club less and many more will follow.

Until we are back to the days of a few lads turning out on a Saturday afternoon, in a farmers field to just have some fun on a speedway bike. Because there will be no staudiums left standing at this rate. It is up to us the fans to stop this from happening. The only way that can happen is if we are out there giving them the support they need.

So where ever the Bees the Bees are going to race this coming season, they need you, if you fail to turn out in force and make a lot of noise, to the powers that be, then I am afraid that this will be thier last year, don't let it happen.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Ipswich say they have priority over Rory in any fixture clashes but I haven't seen him announced in any Premiership team yet. Surely that must mean he's heading to Leicester or Belle Vue?

.......weatherwatcher......The Bees fans don't seem happy to coming and watching thier team at BP, surely if they do come and race here, you would think they would want to come and support thier team.

I don't think it's that simple. It would be easy for me as I live in Leicester anyway but a lot of the Coventry supporters would find it difficult to get here on a Friday night as they live the far side of Coventry or in other places altogether ~ Stratford-on-Avon, Rugby etc. and we all know what the traffic is like on a Friday. Perhaps it could work if the Lions rode on Friday's and Coventry on Saturday's but I still think the attendance would be poor for any Bees matches. I doubt it will happen anyway.

• Like 1

Just been having a look at the Lion's fixtures for this season. Unless I am mistaken they are only down for 13 home fixtures with only one home fixture shown against Coventry, Rye House & Swindon. What is going on?

Just been having a look at the Lion's fixtures for this season. Unless I am mistaken they are only down for 13 home fixtures with only one home fixture shown against Coventry, Rye House & Swindon. What is going on?

That is the question everyone is asking!!!

Could be that as both Rye House and Swindon are both Saturday tracks and the fixtures will be added later if Leicester do ride on that night. (Not sure if has been finalised yet) and Coventry WELL?