British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Jack holder a great prospect and would certainly be exciting signing, somebody going places in the sport with big potential to increase his average. Track would need to be a lot smoother and more consistent though as I seem to remember in his last he spent most of his time rolling round at the back shaking his head

I'd like to see this team next year.

Danny King 9.57

Nico Covatti 7.49

Jack Holder 7.16

Gino Manzares 5.43

Cam Heeps 5.07

Connor Mountain 2

Danyon Hume 2

Total of 38.72

Rory tweeted just one country left to fix up and that was retweeted by our presenter so not sure if that means anything.

A top 3 of King , Covatti and Schlein would be good in my opinion.

Rory tweeted just one country left to fix up and that was retweeted by our presenter so not sure if that means anything.

Would be an outstanding top 3, not sure you'd see a better top end elsewhere.

or a worse bottom end anywhere else !

why would that mean we have to sign Campton as well?? 😜

Oh. Care to share with us who the bottom end riders are? Naturally if you go for a strong top end, you don't have as many points to play with lower down than sides that go for strength in depth. That's obvious.

But that doesn't necessarily mean a worse bottom end if you get the right riders in. For example, Someone will take Leigh Lanham on a mid 4 and slot him in at reserve.

Ipswich will undoubtedly sign Hume on a 2 point average. One rider is on the way up and will no doubt increase his average, the other is on the way down and will probably stay the same.

I personally would go for two 2 pointers with potential, and fill your boots with top end strength.

I accept that's a little risky, but that's the chance I'd take this year.

Edited by Catch22

If you go with that top 3 , Assuming Hume on a 2 and a newcomer at 3 thats 29.23 leaves 10.77 for the last 2 riders... 40 points is a crippler... if you take nearly a 1/4 of your points with a 10 point man it leaves very little room

why?

Sarjeant would be a strong second string as you could find and its unlikely there will be a better 2 pointer in the league than Hume

Get the other 2 places right and who knows

King

Heeps/BWD

Schlein/Holder

Sarjeant

Covatti

Mountain/Shanes

Hume

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

If you go with that top 3 , Assuming Hume on a 2 and a newcomer at 3 thats 29.23 leaves 10.77 for the last 2 riders... 40 points is a crippler... if you take nearly a 1/4 of your points with a 10 point man it leaves very little room

Ipswich have a couple of assets in Heeps and Manzarez on averages just over 5 that could fit in nicely. Sergeant another option. I'd personally give Sargeant another place he's a good little rider with more increase in him.
  • Like 1