British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Bad news about Jake, I thought he was certain for next year after his comments on the PA System about wanting to still be here in two years time.

How do we replace him?

Dan Greenwood could be a problem he never looked the same after his bad accident 18 months ago Ben Hopwood probably remembers being dropped last year and Richard Andrews comeback from injury with Cradley was something of a disaster.

I would not have them just because their averages are low, it does not mean they will recover their old 'glory' Although I might be persuaded with Ben due to the attention he got from Martin Dugard in 2015 which certainly helped him.

Cannot see any team letting their top guys go so have to look at Morley or Brandford who are a bit high for our balance. Birmingham have to release somebody but I don't fancy Perry round Arlington. That more or less means James Shanes now that Bowen and Thomas have rejoined Kent unless Ayres goes to Cradley and Shanes stays put.

Maybe we have to go with Kyle Hughes again and hope he does not struggle after his bad year of injuries. He certainly looked good in his two races last year before his crash.

Nervous times for the Eagles and Ellis Perks has got to be a must have.

i think if you would like ben hopwood back next year i wouldn't worry if i was you . been around long enough not to hold grudges and between what he said after it happened and the reception he received from fans every time one of his many teams were in opposition or guested , if the dugards want him back he'll be back for sure .

Edited by gee jay

He doesn't have a problem with the club I doubt as he has guested for us this season since he was dropped. On a 5 point average he would be my next signing

• Like 2

How about

Perks

Dugard

Hopwood

Dan Greenwood

Wood

Brennen

and one of Hunter, Harris or Powell

Total 39.85 maximum

Just noticed Al3x200 went for exactly the same previously, must be the one to go for!

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

So am I right in thinking that tom Brennan only rode KOC and trophy fixtures so he didn't attain an avg?

If so how has lawlor finished on a 3pt avg with scores like he had he must surely be in the fours?

• Like 1

So am I right in thinking that tom Brennan only rode KOC and trophy fixtures so he didn't attain an avg?

He also rode 3 league meetings but he would have need to ride 4 to attain an average.

If so how has lawlor finished on a 3pt avg with scores like he had he must surely be in the fours?

He rode 31 matches for 7 teams scoring 117 points from 136 rides. That is an average of 3.44

Most of these would be classified as a guest. His Colts record was 11 matches for a 2.92 average.

(NB from aktuellspeedway, not always 100% reliable)

1. Ellis Perks 8.25

2. Kelsey Dugard 4.28

3. Connor Coles 7.11

4. Daniel Spiller 6.61/Dave Mason 6.54

5. Georgie Wood 7.62

6. Tom Brennan 3.00

7. Niall Strudwick 3.00

Total 39.87

Tell me to stop guessing and go away :)

Wonder i the 3.00 riders will be 2.00 riders in the Nl next year? Like in the PL and Champ

Edited by Dandelion

Looks as if Connor Coles is an Eagle for 2017 :t: Just look at the Diamonds thread

1. Georgie Wood 7.62

2. Ben Hopwood 5.83

3. Dan Greenwood 6.82

4. Dave Mason 6.54

5. Connor Coles 7.11

6. Tom Brennan 3.00

7. Niall Strudwick 3.00

Total: 39.92

If Hopwood and Greenwood recapture their form of a few years ago and Georgie Wood and Coles continue to grow like they have last year yous could have 4 8.00 point riders on your team, then Dave Mason and 2 solid, young, British reserves

Edited by Dandelion

Well if it's been let slip elsewhere we can expect it officially sometime. If they aren't sure on points he wouldn't have signed yet.

Hope the Coles news is right, I wanted him but thought Mildenhall would prefer him to Mountain.

Surely now they must go for,

Perks

Dugard

Coles

Hopwood

Wood

Brennan

A N Other(3.91)

Anybody's guess at No 7.

Looks a very strong team with the seeming absence from the NL of Ellis, Knight, Clegg, Morris,Carr and Brandford?.

Strudwick isn't ready

Neither are most of the 3.00ers in the NL but it isn't harmful giving them experience, I hope the 3.00 average goes down to 2.00 next year, surely it has to, gives younger riders more of a chance of a team place if they're lower, if they've done it in the EL/PL (Whatever) they should do it in the NL too

Hope the Coles news is right, I wanted him but thought Mildenhall would prefer him to Mountain.

Surely now they must go for,

Perks

Dugard

Coles

Hopwood

Wood

Brennan

A N Other(3.91)

Anybody's guess at No 7.

Looks a very strong team with the seeming absence from the NL of Ellis, Knight, Clegg, Morris,Carr and Brandford?.

I'd say Harris, but he's 3.95, so maybe Harris or Powell and Shane Hazelden instead of Hopwood maybe?

Edited by Dandelion