British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

He was very impressive at perry Barr last night. The track really seemed to suit him.

See what I mean! It won't be only Brum wanting him as well.

Edited by gazzac

Guest GiveusaB

Surely he wouldnt want to ride at Eastbourne every week? (no disrespect to the team....just the track....he will limit his progress imo) I guess it depends who offers most money and logistics etc....

Surely a technical tight track like Eastbourne would make him far better than a track like Birmingham?

He was beginning to get to grips with the track on Saturday by the second half, so seems a quick learner. As the koc cup, national trophy and the playoffs don't qualify towards a new average, if he does come from the 1st July perhaps the plan is to keep him on a 3 for next year and use him like we did Tom last year. Unless he goes elsewhere of course!

Edited by gazzac

Word on the terraces he signs on 1st July

Have to see that to believe it. No obvious reason to delay that I can think of so why has he not done it?

Should know later today if he is the guest for us at Stoke and Buxton.

Perhaps he's already agreed guest bookings next week for other teams?

If he signed for us now he wouldn't be an unattached rider.

Looks like Charley is going to be a busy boy, 14 rides over the weekend as only Baseby and Charley can replace Bates. Don't expect too much from the stand in reserves so win or lose looks to be down to Charley.

Looks very likely the unbeaten tag will go tonight. Very surprised Dan Halsey's average has dropped so low but as a replacement tonight it swings the advantage to Stoke. With Davey, Priest and Halsey all eligible to take Atkin's rides it gives them effectively 4 heat leaders which at least matches our top 4 and only leaves Charley and a stand in reserve to handle their bottom three.

Probably Stoke 50 Eagles 40, hopefully no worse.

Might not be popular with the Eastbourne fans but from a league perspective i think its great that Stoke look strong in this one. The past few years have seen the league decided based upon matches between the top four as every other match was an almost certain win. This year the whole league looks far more competitive and all the better for it.

Yes, normally i'd have predicted at least one out of two away victories this weekend, however Stoke and Buxton both look decidedly stronger than usual.

With a bit of luck I think Eagles can pull this off if they can get 4 points from the weekend that certainly isn't a bad showing

Might not be popular with the Eastbourne fans but from a league perspective i think its great that Stoke look strong in this one. The past few years have seen the league decided based upon matches between the top four as every other match was an almost certain win. This year the whole league looks far more competitive and all the better for it.

Should be popular with all fans really, far healthier situation for the league. Makes it even more satisfying if we do go to places like Stoke and Buxton (and Kent!) and get a result.

• Like 1

Wish I could predict race horses like I do Eastbourne results

I could not have been more wrong. Super performance when you analyse it with Mark Baseby the joker in the pack. We expect this sort of performance from Jake and Georgie this year but Baseby has performed above and beyond.

As expected Charlie was a busy boy and was the final difference to clinch the full 4 points. Tom pulled his weight at No 1 to make a fine all round team effort.

Dare I be bold and anticipate a similar result at Buxton today? Max Clegg may be too hard to beat but the rest of the team look vulnerable.