British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Peter Karlsson Farewell Meeting - Pk The Final Word Sunday March 19th 5pm

According to someone on updates Woffinden's riding in PK's meetings in Sweden & Poland. True or not? No idea.

As far as I know, I don't think he have announced a Swedish fare well race yet.

Great turn out, and a very emotional PK on the microphone after his last lap of the Green

Thanks for the memories

• Like 3

Not happy with a professional earning money ?

No problem at all but lets not trot out the excuse that Woffinden is not at his GP mentors farewell meeting due to contractual issues

• Like 1

According to someone on updates Woffinden's riding in PK's meetings in Sweden & Poland. True or not? No idea.

He was in print last week saying he is looking forward to riding in PK's Polish testimonial.

• Like 1

Very unfortunate choice of words there Steve :D

Whys that then ? :o

Good turnout for PK on what was an emotional afternoon as we said goodbye to one of our all time greats. Pretty cold night and though it wasn't a classic meeting, still enjoyable.

• Like 3

Forgot how much I used to enjoy watching Mikeal Max racing, smooth as you like 😊 Was a pleasure to support PK in his Farewell meeting, he's always been a stylish, crafty, tough competitor in the UK and always a great listen on the mike. Wish him a happy retirement from speedway. Thanks PK!!

Wanted to say also that the mic man, Porky, was on good form too.

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Forgot how much I used to enjoy watching Mikeal Max racing, smooth as you like 😊 Was a pleasure to support PK in his Farewell meeting, he's always been a stylish, crafty, tough competitor in the UK and always a great listen on the mike. Wish him a happy retirement from speedway. Thanks PK!!

Wanted to say also that the mic man, Porky, was on good form too.

didn't see a lot of the racing but couldn't believe how smooth and fast Ronnie Correy looked , for a guy that retired over 10 years ago he looked totally at ease
  • Like 2

Got to speak to PK loads when he was riding for Lakeside. Great rider and a nice guy

Ps Is it possible to get programme on line pls

didn't see a lot of the racing but couldn't believe how smooth and fast Ronnie Correy looked , for a guy that retired over 10 years ago he looked totally at ease

Ronnie impressed me. I was a bit worried as the last time I'd seen him in races like this, for the first time, he looked to struggle a tad. His first race yesterday he was a little tentative but was very smooth in this final two. He slammed the door shut on Paul Hurry into turn 1 on lap two in his second race, dropping it on him in vintage style.

I hope Sam hasn't done any damage to his knee, it was always a massive ask to try and ride so soon after his knee operation. It's a shame as would have been good to seem him racing with Mikael.

In the main meet David Howe improved as the meeting went on and was pretty much at race pace, worth a shout for a Championship place I would say at the very least.

A good day and a decent crowd to give the Man who put the A into Abba a good send off.

Hurry was up Correy's exhaust pipe for a couple of bends in one of the heats, thought that was gonna end in tears