British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Auty Or Howarth?

Howarth had a better 2016 in both leagues.

So that's all that needs saying.

But from 2012/15 Auty was ahead and he mixed it in the British Final Howarth struggled big year for both this year.

I'd pick Auty over Howarth, the stats say Howarth but he's so annoying to watch. Having seen both ride for Coventry I know who I prefer. Neither will ever amount to much more than they are now though, 8ish PL men. Auty is the one far more likely to pull a ride out the bag if you need it I think but equally as likely to come last in a race he should win.

But from 2012/15 Auty was ahead and he mixed it in the British Final Howarth struggled big year for both this year.

Anyone can raise their game for one meeting.

Auty HAS been the better rider, just not in 2016.

Let's see what 2017 brings!

Wouldn't the fact that Auty is three years older have something to do with that also?

• Like 1

There both s**t!

Is Newman s... then ??or have you your blue tinted glasses on.Whatever you think have a bit of respect eh!!😠every rider who has the balls to ride has my respect bigtime.
  • Like 2

What is the point of this thread ?? Apart from putting 2 brits down. Not like a club has one place left and it's choice between the 2 !!!

What is the point of this thread ?? Apart from putting 2 brits down. Not like a club has one place left and it's choice between the 2 !!!

Maybe not, but what if you did have this choice? Who'd you go with.....?

There both s**t!

Not every rider will be a world champ and a league needs riders at every leval.Seeing that both Auty and Howarth ended up with a higer average than Newman in last years Prem league useing your thought process what does that make him.

• Like 1

If i was building a side i would go with Howarth, Auty is the more exciting rider as in never gives up but like at Sheffield in recent years you build a side on entertaining and you end up with injury after injury to these never give up riders.

Howarth knows when to just settle in behind if he knows he isn't going be quick enough to make a pass.

Howarth had a very good 2016 for Wolves and Sheffield which will give him more confidence going into 2017 season, Auty has the ability to go far but do fear his progression has slowed to much, more so in the now Premiership.

• Like 1

The only reason I put what I did is I am bored to death of this constant who's better than who, I simply put it for a reaction.