British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Tai Massive Project

Indeed he could and if he was greedy and money was all he was interested in he could do that.

However, he'd rather not have the hassle of travelling backwards and forwards, racing on all different nights of the week and work to a set schedule. As do most in his position. It doesn't work for some, Freddie Lindgren for example prefers to stay busy.

That is the choice that British speedway has taken, it's not Tai's fault.

The not riding in British Final and for Team GB are different issues and yes I am disappointed that he doesn't. However, none of us are in the position to make a proper judgement of that situation as despite what some may try and claim we don't know the full story.

It looks like Gavan is becoming a bit isolated on this forum as he is the only person who is not disappointed that Tai Woffinden does not represent Team GB in the World Cup

It looks like Gavan is becoming a bit isolated on this forum as he is the only person who is not disappointed that Tai Woffinden does not represent Team GB in the World Cup

I think what Gavan means is he isn't disappointed in Woffinden. There's a difference.

I've heard him say the reason he doesn't race here is because he can only race in two leagues so has he got this written in his Polish contract unlike everyone else?

Can someone clear this up - about what the Polish contracts insist on? My impression is that it was reported as Poland AND two other leagues OR is it Poland and ONE other league? I am a big fan of Tai, who is a terrific speedway rider but I am disappointed that he is not riding forTeam GB ( for whatever reason ).

Disappointed that im not seeing him ride and representing us.

Not disappointed in Tai Woffinden for not riding.........there is a difference

It's Clearly down to what tai wants to do and I feel it's right to drop him from the world games.

I agree. I am a Tai fan usually, and respect what he is trying to do with the kids but he can't be allowed to pick and choose when he rides for Team GB because he wants a holiday. It needs to be 'all' or nothing.

• Like 1

It's Clearly down to what tai wants to do and I feel it's right to drop him from the world games.

He hasn't been dropped.

He declined, big difference.

Can someone clear this up - about what the Polish contracts insist on? My impression is that it was reported as Poland AND two other leagues OR is it Poland and ONE other league? I am a big fan of Tai, who is a terrific speedway rider but I am disappointed that he is not riding forTeam GB ( for whatever reason ).

It's Poland and one other nation. Plus your national league.

He hasn't been dropped.

He declined, big difference.

That article in question states he wants to ride in the World Games.

'Woffinden underlined his desire to represent GB in a special one-off FIM pairs event at this summer’s World Games, which take place at his Polish track Wroclaw on July 29. But he is currently being overlooked for a team place'

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

That article in question states he wants to ride in the World Games.

'Woffinden underlined his desire to represent GB in a special one-off FIM pairs event at this summer’s World Games, which take place at his Polish track Wroclaw on July 29. But he is currently being overlooked for a team place'

BSPA asked and decided not to use him

Or Tai won't ride unless they use his expertise.

Depends which you believe.

BSPA asked and decided not to use him

Or Tai won't ride unless they use his expertise.

Depends which you believe.

Either way it's unlikely he'll get to ride in a meeting he wants to ride in.

As he was asked but now looks like he'll be left out I'd say he's been dropped which is what r72 said.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

I agree. I am a Tai fan usually, and respect what he is trying to do with the kids but he can't be allowed to pick and choose when he rides for Team GB because he wants a holiday. It needs to be 'all' or nothing.

Any idea what he's trying to do with "the Kids" , I have heard this a lot Tai the Kids, Tai the saviour of British speedway ,Tai the kids of the future , what exactly is he doing or trying to do ??,because I can't see anything ,he wants everyone to bow to his superior ideas ,What exactly are they ? is he prepared to finance his brave new world or is the BSPA stumbling block that he wants to do it all his way but with someone elses cheque book . theres been plenty of them in the past

• Like 1

Any idea what he's trying to do with "the Kids" , I have heard this a lot Tai the Kids, Tai the saviour of British speedway ,Tai the kids of the future , what exactly is he doing or trying to do ??,because I can't see anything ,he wants everyone to bow to his superior ideas ,What exactly are they ? is he prepared to finance his brave new world or is the BSPA stumbling block that he wants to do it all his way but with someone elses cheque book . theres been plenty of them in the past

Let's face it, he is doing no more nor less than any of the other great British riders.

Why would he use his own money to get anything done?? That would be absolutely crazy.

Let's get real here, there is nobody better qualified to help the next generation than Tai so his ideas I'm sure are worth exploring.

However yet again the BSPA have no intention of helping this become a reality.

Tai is the rider who has done it and setting the goals for what you need to do to reach those levels, it's obviously going to cost money.

Tai cares enough, the same can't be said of its governing body.

• Like 1

Let's face it, he is doing no more nor less than any of the other great British riders.

Why would he use his own money to get anything done?? That would be absolutely crazy.

Let's get real here, there is nobody better qualified to help the next generation than Tai so his ideas I'm sure are worth exploring.

However yet again the BSPA have no intention of helping this become a reality.

Tai is the rider who has done it and setting the goals for what you need to do to reach those levels, it's obviously going to cost money.

Tai cares enough, the same can't be said of its governing body.

We don't know that. The best teachers are those that can communicate and get the necessary information across, not necessarily those that are best at the activity. After all, is Usain Bolt's coach faster then Usain, can Greg Rutherford's coach jump higher?

• Like 4

We don't know that. The best teachers are those that can communicate and get the necessary information across, not necessarily those that are best at the activity. After all, is Usain Bolt's coach faster then Usain, can Greg Rutherford's coach jump higher?

Even if there was someone supposedly better qualified the BSPA are unlikely to put the sort of money required to make a difference.