British Speedway Forum
idh

Sgb Championship Best Pairs 2017

forecast to stop raining at 7, delayed start should be ok to go

It's pouring in Burnham now ! Can't see a delayed start as live on BT !!! Isn't it ?

Looking out of the pub window the rains coming in nearly horizontal

are you sure you havent just fallen over already 😛
  • Like 5

I'd say they need to get the covers off ASAP after the rain stops.

Get the covers off and if rain has caused patches try and grade it. Maybe if track looks a bit sticky let each pair out for a lap or 2

Also the possibility it's not even raining at the track even though it is here.

Get the covers off and if rain has caused patches try and grade it. Maybe if track looks a bit sticky let each pair out for a lap or 2

Also the possibility it's not even raining at the track even though it is here

In your dreams mate it's lashing it down at the Oaktree !!!

Currently on the Bandit bus somewhere near Bristol. The weather outside is shocking and the forecast is worse.

I've absolutely zero interest in this meeting, My team arent involved and I can't stand the pairs format anyway. I can't watch any sport as a neutral and enjoy it.

Just do us all a favour and call it off now. More drinking time in Cardiff

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

forecast changed in last hour, not looking too good, might just stay in Cardiff, Speedway GB saying all set for covers to come off between 4&5. Dont think so.

It's pouring in Burnham now ! Can't see a delayed start as live on BT !!! Isn't it ?

No?

forecast changed in last hour, not looking too good, might just stay in Cardiff, Speedway GB saying all set for covers to come off between 4&5. Dont think so.

The last thing anyone wants is a delayed meeting. I believe the curfew is 10pm? They need to crack on to get a result. I can't believe anyone wants to stand around in the rain waiting on a decision after paying to get in.

are you sure you havent just fallen over already 😛

Post of the week 😂

• Like 3

Think it's odds against now as forecast has changed. Shame as (even as a neutral) it's normally a good meeting. Fingers crossed but not looking good.

If they take covers off then it will be off before the start, can't see it being on

Covers are fine for light rain or the odd heavy shower. Torrential rain not so. Water has this habit of getting anywhere.

I've been here since 3.25 and it's lashing it down , with the forecast having changed at 3.30 with rain until 8pm I cannot see a hope this meeting goes ahead , hope I'm wrong but not sure covers will protect the track with this much rain :(

If they're going to call it off they need to do it before they let anyone in. The BSPA should be well aware of the debacle that follows every late call off.

If it is on with gates opening later than stated people also need if possible to have the right money in their hand instead of getting their wallet/purse out at the turnstile fannying about counting loose change up

Also the possibility it's not even raining at the track even though it is here

In your dreams mate it's lashing it down at the Oaktree !!!

Why did you go there so early
  • Like 1

Not being a doom merchant, and I hope the rain stops and it's on. But am I right in saying that we've had a situation before here where the track is ok but the car park is flooded, or am I thinking of somewhere else?