British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Witches V Monarchs Ch 27-7-17@7-30pm

Bit worried about Workington who have so many matches in hand.

no need to worry about worky , even with the meetings in hand . they wont be troubling the top four .

you can rest your brains now , worky in sleep mode at the moment .

and no chance of wakening up .

Edited by jenga

ha ha PMSL... :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

at least there is something positive from it then.

Can see the headlines

'Witches defeat aids care in the community happiness campaign' 😛

Problem is if Glasgow come to town and win next week then Ippo need to make those points up away, still looks like the play offs but the team need to bounce back quickly and not get stuck in a rut

Glasgow have more than 2 chance of winning next week. We should still make the play offs though. Not that I would fancy us beating any of those teams over 2 legs currently. A good win next week though could see us kick on

Curse of the poster strikes again after I stated we shouldn't get beaten at home, and lo and behold our next match we lose. The team threw that match away, only Cam & Kyle came out of that meeting with any credit. In our group where we sit we have always said that they should never have an interval as the team is never the same after it and they seem to lose momentum.

Hopefully it was just a kick up the arse they need as next week with be tougher and we can't afford any more slip ups at home.

Congrats to Edinburgh with a little help from the poxy tactical rule which most fans hate, and the inept performance of the ref. (Consistency lacking re the starts). She also should've excluded Erik Riss from the rerun of heat 13 for exceeding 2 mins, (it was the longest less than a minute going when his foot rest came adrift).

at least there is something positive from it then.

Can see the headlines

I can see the headline alright... ;)

"Witches Sn atch defeat from the jaws of Victory!!!" :D:D :D :D

Edited by Flyin Panther

Apparently Riss made the 2mins by..... 1 second!

Yes that's how I timed it too!!

Was all he needed though.

It does highlight the crapness of the sport that there aren't big 2 minute countdown clocks on the centre green for everyone to see..

Would add a bit more drama to the occasion at times.

And I didn't see any track work being done on the starting area (apart from by the riders) so that was all good.

• Like 1

No one can blame the tactical rule. We have used it to our advantage before, and hey you don't have to go more than

10 up. Tactics can be used ya know.

• Like 2

No one can blame the tactical rule. We have used it to our advantage before, and hey you don't have to go more than

IF Smiler's bike hadn't given up at the beginning of heat 5 but he had gone on to win it - a fair assumption since it was only against Mr. Heeps and Sedgy and he then beat Rory twice and Danking twice, we wouldn't have been able to use the joker.

Then if all the other races had gone the way they did, we would have won by 2 not 1 !!

And if I had been ref, Danking would have been kicked out of the meeting for the biggest flier I have seen in my life - apart from the flier he got against us last year that cost us points.

Babs was more lenient and only gave him a gentle talking to!!

But even then he tried it again in the rerun but not so outrageously.

Made Erik & Ricky's starts look like they waited for the tapes to rise and count to 5!!

Love it. Every teams supporters are biased and only see what they want to see. What ifs don't count for jack 💩 anyway. Well done to the monarchs. In a way I'm glad I wasn't there to witness the defeat.

You would have enjoyed it baldyman.

Wagon Wheels / Caramel Wafers / Chocolate Covered Coconut Thingys / Sweets - even the main man Kyle himself sitting beside us and having sweets!!

No need for tactics last night, we went from 8 up to 12 up with a 5-1, so anyone wanting us to use tactics would have got it wrong, we gained 4 points then lost 3.