British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Crayford Speedway Memories

Crayford have been represented in fours and pairs events at central park.

Thank you for the comment cityrebel. I was also made aware of this fact by our old friend Parsloes 1928 nearly (aka Derek Barclay Kent Kings PRO) who saw a similar Post in regard to Crayford involvement with Kings on FACEBOOK.

I only went to Crayford once.

Maybe 1982 or 1983 for a double header against two northern teams when Crayford won one of the matches 65-12.

I remember the viewing was a bit restricted and the drive there from Sussex on a Tuesday (?) evening was a nightmare.

Over the past few years, Kent Kings have done much to keep alive memories of Wimbledon.

Some years ago, they also established contacts through the late Bryn Williams and Derek Barclay - the Kings' current pressman - with Crayford.

But while Wimbledon have continued to flourish annually on the Kings' scene, Crayford have slid out of the limelight.

IMO it would be nice if, as happens with Wimbledon, that a Crayford link to Kent Migs could be established Just food for thought at the moment - but I wonder if there are others who would also like to see an annual comparative meeting to honour Crayford?

Crayford have been represented in fours and pairs events at central park.

Thank you for the comment cityrebel. I was also made aware of this fact by our old friend Parsloes 1928 nearly (aka Derek Barclay Kent Kings PRO) who saw a similar Post in regard to Crayford involvement with Kings on FACEBOOK.

Forwarded message sent by Derek Barclay aka Parsloes 1928 nearly ===== Hmm that's not the case at all John - the junior side at Central Park compete as the Kent Kestrels in the SDL with the support and financial backing of the large group of Crayford Kestrels fans who attend CP.

We aim to hold another Crayford riders and fans reunion at the forthcoming SDL double header.

We had a hugely success reunion there last year and the Crayford name is more alive and squwarking than it has been for many years.

Edited by Guest