British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Harris beat Kurtz 5 times out of 7 races last season so yes maybe will be the better of the 2 but no foregone conclusion that he will beat Harris on either track

Barker beat Kurtz everytime as well so i cant see why Ben wouldnt do better in match races v Woryna

And in match ups i would expect Robson to easily outscore MS

Although i would expect Woryna, Kurtz and MS to have higher final averages than those you have matched them up against  would expect in head to heads it would be much closer.

I would say Rye and Wolves , although with weaker teams than Poole, will be harder sides for Poole to beat over 2 legs than say Belle Vue

ah but is Kurtz better than Morris

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

Only in Shovlers dreams

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Harris beat Kurtz 5 times out of 7 races last season so yes maybe will be the better of the 2 but no foregone conclusion that he will beat Harris on either track

Barker beat Kurtz everytime as well so i cant see why Ben wouldnt do better in match races v Woryna

And in match ups i would expect Robson to easily outscore MS

Although i would expect Woryna, Kurtz and MS to have higher final averages than those you have matched them up against  would expect in head to heads it would be much closer.

I would say Rye and Wolves , although with weaker teams than Poole, will be harder sides for Poole to beat over 2 legs than say Belle Vue

I am not so much writing about them racing each other but over the course of a whole season against all teams. James Shanes beat Thorsell from the back at Poole last season. Doesn’t make him the better rider.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am not so much writing about them racing each other but over the course of a whole season against all teams. James Shanes beat Thorsell from the back at Poole last season. Doesn’t make him the better rider.

Im agreeing with you.

Poole have the better team than both Rye House and Wolves. 

In my opinion only Belle Vue come close to Pooles side.

However over 2 legs i think Poole would struggle more against Rye or Wolves then Belle Vue. I think Pooles riders will go better at Belle Vue than the other 2 tracks thats all im saying

40 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

i see you add some meaningful thoughts into the discussion.

when you have something decent to say perhaps we can debate

Yet another illegal team. Do we ever start a season without at least one illegal team?

1 hour ago, SCB said:

Yet another illegal team. Do we ever start a season without at least one illegal team?

Not ratified yet.....

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Whats illegal about the Rye House team?

Clegg somehow being on a 2.00 average.

49 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Clegg somehow being on a 2.00 average.

So what should his average be, in your opinion ?

2 hours ago, SCB said:

Which teams that then, i take it you mean Rye, why ?

Edited by Starman2006

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Which teams that then, i take it you mean Rye, why ?

Max Cleggs average is not 2.00 as claimed by Rye House. This puts their team over the limit.

1 minute ago, SCB said:

Max Cleggs average is not 2.00 as claimed by Rye House. This puts their team over the limit.

So what is it in your opinion.?

Edited by Starman2006

Clegg's Championship average was 4.15 divide by 1.3 conversion means his Premiership average should be 3.19

27 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

So what should his average be, in your opinion ?

IMO - he shouldn't be on a 2.00 average, that was only from 4 meetings last season for Wolves, so going on that basis, if you are having a shocker of a season, you may aswell tempt some new riders over, and let them reduce the averages for following season.

Clegg should be on his previous top league average of 4.15 IMO, where he rode 20 meetings back in 2016. Or if that's not fair, take his Championship average of 4.15 with Edinburgh and convert that into a Premiership average, so 3.19, IF the conversion rate is 1.30

Also, good to see you back on the Forum.

Edited by Panthers89