British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Swindon Vs Poole - Posf2 - 25 Sep

so the Poole boys can make a quick getaway and beat the traffic.

That's probably all they're capable of beating :rofl:

• Like 3

After the poor season endured by Poole , and their fans celebrating the fact that they took advantage of a weakened Somerset side to scrap into the play offs, the true speedway fan will certainly be behind Swindon as they against all odds finished top of the league so deserve their rightful final place. Hopefully BWD will be back as Newman failed to get a race win in the first leg so BWD can make Swindon certain favourites.

Oh just in case Shovlar, Gater1, Brandon Bob, Starman and Lisa weren't sure the above is called trolling or as you put it 'tongue in cheek'. Hopefully you can now spot the difference between that and an opinion!

For the meeting itself I would expect the tie to be over by heat 12. Swindons top end strength should be to much for the likes of Kennett and Lahti. Kurtz isn't in the best of form either right now as his average performance in the riders championship showed.

• Like 1

Love the arrogance from the Swindon fans. It can only come to bite you on the ass. Enjoy! :D

T'was a little joke Lisa :t:

I was just trying to be as 'humorous' as that witty Mr Shovlar.. :lol:

• Like 4

Love the arrogance from the Swindon fans. It can only come to bite you on the ass. Enjoy! :D

How is it arrogance? I think we will win easily and im basing that on your performance at out place a couple of months ago. I know its common place on this forum for everyone to say their team is an underdog and they expect them to lose but thats BS in most cases. We will win comfortably IMO.

T'was a little joke Lisa :t:

I was just trying to be as 'humorous' as that witty Mr Shovlar.. :lol:

You carry on, I'm hoping you'll jinx your team in the meantime! :D:)

After the poor season endured by Poole , and their fans celebrating the fact that they took advantage of a weakened Somerset side to scrap into the play offs, the true speedway fan will certainly be behind Swindon as they against all odds finished top of the league so deserve their rightful final place. Hopefully BWD will be back as Newman failed to get a race win in the first leg so BWD can make Swindon certain favourites.

Oh just in case Shovlar, Gater1, Brandon Bob, Starman and Lisa weren't sure the above is called trolling or as you put it 'tongue in cheek'. Hopefully you can now spot the difference between that and an opinion!

For the meeting itself I would expect the tie to be over by heat 12. Swindons top end strength should be to much for the likes of Kennett and Lahti. Kurtz isn't in the best of form either right now as his average performance in the riders championship showed.

Trouble is Gavan when Steve does it is intended as a laugh when you do it, it is probably said in anger. Well that's how it comes across anyway!

How is it arrogance? I think we will win easily and im basing that on your performance at out place a couple of months ago. I know its common place on this forum for everyone to say their team is an underdog and they expect them to lose but thats BS in most cases. We will win comfortably IMO.

Well we are in better form since then and you didn't win at Poole by 20 again like you did in the B match, so i would go within 10.
  • Like 1

What on earth are you talking about Gavan? Every day that goes by you show yourself for who you truly are... uninterested in speedway and more interested in just getting your own way. You act like a petulant child and frankly it's humiliating. Do you act like this at work, with your friends, with your family?

The true speedway fan would get behind the club they are passionate for. The true speedway fan would get behind the team whose win would fill them with euphoria. The true speedway fan would enjoy speedway. They would get their pleasure from seeing the team they support triumphing and not petty point scoring. I've never seen a fan as pathetic as you. You seem incapable of simply sharing your view and enjoying the sport. Instead you cannot rest until you feel like you've like you're the big man and your voice has been heard by everybody. And anybody who dare disagrees with you deserves to be belittled and abused until you feel like you're the big man again.

Get stuffed Gavan. The true speedway fan will support the team they're passionate about. The guys who've grown up buying pin badges at their local track shop, eating dodgy burgers and waiting by the changing rooms to get signatures after the meeting will support their team. The true speedway fan will not need an argument to justify their passion.

• Like 1

You carry on, I'm hoping you'll jinx your team in the meantime! :D:)

Trouble is Gavan when Steve does it is intended as a laugh when you do it, it is probably said in anger. Well that's how it comes across anyway!

Well we are in better form since then and you didn't win at Poole by 20 again like you did in the B match, so i would go within 10.

A 1 point defeat will do!

• Like 1

A 1 point defeat will do!

It would but go against your winning comfortably. Trouble is a rider could get a knock in their first race and have to pull out or a few dodgy exclusions from a ref, can turn a meeting around.

It would but go against your winning comfortably. Trouble is a rider could get a knock in their first race and have to pull out or a few dodgy exclusions from a ref, can turn a meeting around.

Yeah it would but we would be through. And im taking a few 1st timers along so that sort of drama might entice them back! But honestly can't see it and think it will be comfortable. Good news is that I can't afford a late trip to Rome so I will still be around to take the abuse if it all goes ** up!

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about a comfortable Swindon win. I'm probably one of the more pessimistic Robins fans when it comes to crucial meetings.

Doyle and Morris are always likely to do something daft under pressure. A fall here and a tape break there. Moreover, I saw the Poole victory at Somerset recently and they rode superbly to come from 10 points down to win a last heat decider. They were a real 'together' team that night with great team spirit.

I'd like nothing better that to give the Pirates a good spanking, and I've been their fiercest critic with all their cheating and shenanigans over the years, but I just don't see a clear cut victory for Swindon. Hope I'm wrong.

What on earth are you talking about Gavan? Every day that goes by you show yourself for who you truly are... uninterested in speedway and more interested in just getting your own way. You act like a petulant child and frankly it's humiliating. Do you act like this at work, with your friends, with your family?

The true speedway fan would get behind the club they are passionate for. The true speedway fan would get behind the team whose win would fill them with euphoria. The true speedway fan would enjoy speedway. They would get their pleasure from seeing the team they support triumphing and not petty point scoring. I've never seen a fan as pathetic as you. You seem incapable of simply sharing your view and enjoying the sport. Instead you cannot rest until you feel like you've like you're the big man and your voice has been heard by everybody. And anybody who dare disagrees with you deserves to be belittled and abused until you feel like you're the big man again.

Get stuffed Gavan. The true speedway fan will support the team they're passionate about. The guys who've grown up buying pin badges at their local track shop, eating dodgy burgers and waiting by the changing rooms to get signatures after the meeting will support their team. The true speedway fan will not need an argument to justify their passion.

anger management classes are every Tuesday at 7pm.

I applaud you though for putting in bold a part of my post that I actually said was trolling and tongue in cheek!! I give you the award for completely missing the point lol

Anything can happen but I would be surprised if Poole win by 3pts +

I'd be surprised too but the playoffs tend to bring up the odd surprise! Just hope it's an entertaining meeting to watch.