British Speedway Forum

Krystian Pieszczek , Great signing by Leicester

Wonder if the Aces could go down similar route and sign a young Polish rider ?

Drabik , Smektala . spring to mind

Krystian Pieszczek , Great signing by Leicester

Wonder if the Aces could go down similar route and sign a young Polish rider ?

Drabik , Smektala . spring to mind

Damn it ;-)

There was me thinking that we could at least have one of the two riding alongside Woryna at Poole on hopefully a low assessed GSA in 2108 as both are under 21 and neither have ever ridden British Speedway.

I would have either as both have VERY bright futures in POL but prefer to have Drabyk who for me is a future WC.

But am not greedy - If you get one will gladly take the other.

Unfortunately I fear we can only dream as both have signed for both POL & SWE and being young riders will probably get lots of meetings in things like World U21 indv and POL U21 team events and maybe even POL senior team comp.

But that's why we have a BSF so we can speculate/dream and hope we can secure young riders of such great quality.

I know we have one on hopefully that crazy low GSA in Woryna but I will always support having the Worlds best young riders learning their trade also on our smaller trickier/more technical tracks that have held riders like Magic Janowski in such good stead in the SGP.

In the meantime lets continue the dream huh ?? ;-)

Just watched some B/vue DVDs from 2010/11.Its makes me wonder why the hell I bought the DVDs and why the hell I spent so much money watching speedway there the track and racing was terrible.

It made me realise more than ever how lucky we are to now be able to watch speedway at the NSS.So a belated very very big thank you to Mr Morton and Mr Gordon and all involved first of all for keeping speedway going at the dog hole it can't have been an easy task and in delivering the NSS to us all.Watching the DVDs has made me realise that its even better than I already though it was.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 3

Just watched some B/vue DVDs from 2010/11.Its makes me wonder why the hell I bought the DVDs and why the hell I spent so much money watching speedway there the track and racing was terrible.

It made me realise more than ever how lucky we are to now be able to watch speedway at the NSS.So a belated very very big thank you to Mr Morton and Mr Gordon and all involved first of all for keeping speedway going at the dog hole it can't have been an easy task and in delivering the NSS to us all.Watching the DVDs has made me realise that its even better than I already though it was.

I think you are being a bit (?) harsh. OK it's easy to sit here with our great new stadium and especially the new track and dismiss all that went before as poor.

Truth is that Kirky Lane saw some great racing at times. Those of us who saw virtually all the home meetings down the 27 years we were there will point to classic racing from the Morans, Jason Crump and lots more.

Yes, the stadium did seem pretty basic at best towards the end of our tenancy there but those of us who were there at the start in 1988 can look back on some terrific racing at the place. It would be a shame to dismiss all those years as poor just because we have now got it so good.

• Like 3

I think you are being a bit (?) harsh. OK it's easy to sit here with our great new stadium and especially the new track and dismiss all that went before as poor.

Truth is that Kirky Lane saw some great racing at times. Those of us who saw virtually all the home meetings down the 27 years we were there will point to classic racing from the Morans, Jason Crump and lots more.

Yes, the stadium did seem pretty basic at best towards the end of our tenancy there but those of us who were there at the start in 1988 can look back on some terrific racing at the place. It would be a shame to dismiss all those years as poor just because we have now got it so good.

I am not new to the sport B.V 72 indicates my top team while I have supported Belle vue.

I agree for a good few years Kirky lane was fine and the racing was good(though not a patch on Hyde road or the NSS) and the place saved the sport in Manchester so I will always be thankful to the place for that.

But watching the DVDs from 2010/11 showed how much the track had gone down hill in the later years it was rougth as hell it had a blue grove was dusty and gate 4 was a massive advantage to name but a few problems.Stock cars really played their roll in destroying the track.

I M O if it was not for Gorton and Morton and their dream of the new stadium and their will to keep the sport alive in Manchester. With the state of the stadium and how bad the track had become Belle vue speedway would have closed down a good few years ago.

Bjerre announces he won't be at Belle Vue in 2018.

Not unexpected that they would go with Cook over Bjerre (although not yet confirmed). So that's 2 confirmed 8 pointers available now with probably Jacob Thorsell to follow - I wonder which teams will snap them up or will they be lost to Premiership speedway next season?

Edited by Steve0

Not unexpected that they would go with Cook over Bjerre (although not yet confirmed). So that's 2 confirmed 8 pointers available now with probably Jacob Thorsell to follow - I wonder which teams will snap them up or will they be lost to Premiership speedway next season?

Bjerre might not be available if he chooses to ride in Denmark?

No Zagar now. GP riders who didn't ride here last season are being reassessed to 9.00 averages according to CVS.

that's actually a logical move re the re-assessment, but makes even more ridiculous the decision to restrict teams to one rider over 8...

• Like 2

that's actually a logical move re the re-assessment, but makes even more ridiculous the decision to restrict teams to one rider over 8...

So those riders over 8 who can't secure a team place get saddled with a 9 average for the following season - you couldn't make it up! However, that rule will probably be scrapped as it probably won't suit in the following season. BSPA are muppets!

• Like 6

Tbh I thought the rule would be a 1.07 multiplier taking Zagar from 7.48 to 8.00 so at least with the 9 assessment it bundles some other riders in and doesnt look as obvious.

Sorry to those guys for getting dragged into the Belle Vue bashing.

So those riders over 8 who can't secure a team place get saddled with a 9 average for the following season - you couldn't make it up! However, that rule will probably be scrapped as it probably won't suit in the following season. BSPA are muppets!

I very much doubt that all riders that missed a season are saddled with a 9.

• Like 1

We can't use Bjerre , now we can't use Zagar as a replacement ?

What other sport would constantly weaken the product , and still expect fans to turn up?

The BSPA are an absolute joke !

• Like 4

typical,the AGM is over, new rules for the 2018 season put in place, Zagar tweets his interest on a return on an average he legally got in his last season (2016), then a few short weeks later CVS allegedly says any GP rider who didn't ride in the 2017 season will be assessed at 9 for this coming season.

DOES THE NAME WOFFY RING ANY BELLS WITH YOU CVS

If this rule is indeed applied, then that is even more of a reason why the BSPA should be ran by professional business men, not not self centered promoters :mad::mad::mad:

• Like 3