British Speedway Forum

he did this year.

I don't know of any other line of work where you can be equally employed by different people.

Who decides who is the 'main' employer??

So if in most lines of work you cant have multiple employers, why do you think its unreasonable for the poles to take the same stance?

As it is, I think plenty of tradesmen are in a similar situation ie contracting to multiple customers at the same time. I wouldnt think it unreasonable if I was paying 10x the going rate to ask a builder as a condition of taking the contract not take any other jobs til mine was completed? Or would you have an issue with that?

Any news on Lindgren/Thorsell injuries?

Nothing but silence can be bad news as Poland complete their teams before the end of November and while some have been in contact with Freddie, he hasn't accepted anything and that is worrying as he may know he isn't going to be back as quick as he wanted to.

Can see both missing most of next season with the injuries they have had, look at others like Rory that have had much the same injuries and they took a year out. But until anything is officially said we can only hope they are going to be back for next season.

Vaculik doesnt ride in Sweden

and NKI hasn't been given permission to ride in the UK.

Vaculik does ride in Sweden but he is allowed to do three leagues so riding here is the third league

As for Iversen, he has signed for Torun in Poland and will no doubt have to ride in Denmark to keep his DMU license so riding here may be instead of Sweden who have some financial problems at a number of tracks and 30 meetings at £3,500 is better than 14 at £7,000 that may never appear.

I don't know of any other line of work where you can be equally employed by different people.

Who decides who is the 'main' employer??

Your nation is mainly the main employer.

Taking Freddie as an example, his Swedish team have priority and in fact Wolves don't own him, they simply have his registration to ride here. However Poland last year took priority as agreed by all promoters here as the money involved is much much more than here and that pulls riders attention there.

At present the Poles had priority over their scheduled fixtures so if a British fixture was rearranged to a date of a Polish meeting, they took priority but not so much if they rearranged to a date of a British fixture. This is where the Jack Holder situation is correct on both sides as Poland didn't have priority on him when they recalled him, but the agreement was if he was in a scheduled LEAGUE meeting so they claimed priority because the Fours isn't a league meeting but was scheduled so both thought they had priority.

Now Poland are proposing that ALL riders in the top league sign a contract which has a number of new rules and regulations in. At present many have refused to sign these due to a few issues but one new rule is they sign up that Poland have priority for ANY REASON. This means they could recall him for practice, a press day, meeting sponsors etc and with the money on offer the riders will sign up after a few changes are made.

So basically, Poland have main priority now followed by home league

Vaculik for the 2018 season will not ride in Sweden. He does not have a club and will not get one.

The UK is his 3rd league after Poland and Home country.

NKI has 3 teams for 2018 and needs permission off Torun to sign for a UK team. Hence why he said there was some rules to get past.

So if in most lines of work you cant have multiple employers, why do you think its unreasonable for the poles to take the same stance?

As it is, I think plenty of tradesmen are in a similar situation ie contracting to multiple customers at the same time. I wouldnt think it unreasonable if I was paying 10x the going rate to ask a builder as a condition of taking the contract not take any other jobs til mine was completed? Or would you have an issue with that?

builders will do what suits them even if they are offered more money. If you have a contract with a builder you will surely expect them to prioritise your work no less than any other.

I'm sure some builders do take a job on with more money offered but they wouldn't need to take any further work which is much different to the life of a speedway rider who signs a contract for 8-9 months in different countries.

Personally I couldn't care less who pays more money. Sign a contract, and honour it.

Your nation is mainly the main employer.

Taking Freddie as an example, his Swedish team have priority and in fact Wolves don't own him, they simply have his registration to ride here. However Poland last year took priority as agreed by all promoters here as the money involved is much much more than here and that pulls riders attention there.

At present the Poles had priority over their scheduled fixtures so if a British fixture was rearranged to a date of a Polish meeting, they took priority but not so much if they rearranged to a date of a British fixture. This is where the Jack Holder situation is correct on both sides as Poland didn't have priority on him when they recalled him, but the agreement was if he was in a scheduled LEAGUE meeting so they claimed priority because the Fours isn't a league meeting but was scheduled so both thought they had priority.

Now Poland are proposing that ALL riders in the top league sign a contract which has a number of new rules and regulations in. At present many have refused to sign these due to a few issues but one new rule is they sign up that Poland have priority for ANY REASON. This means they could recall him for practice, a press day, meeting sponsors etc and with the money on offer the riders will sign up after a few changes are made.

So basically, Poland have main priority now followed by home league

And it's still wrong IMHO.

If you are comparing a builder to a speedway rider then the builder might. Poland race on a Sunday so have priority, that leaves 6 days for a speedway rider to earn as much as he can during his relatively short career. For the sake of Speedway generally, all countries motorcycle governing bodies should meet in the closed season and come to sensible decisions that are fair to all countries and Riders

• Like 1

If you are comparing a builder to a speedway rider then the builder might. Poland race on a Sunday so have priority, that leaves 6 days for a speedway rider to earn as much as he can during his relatively short career. For the sake of Speedway generally, all countries motorcycle governing bodies should meet in the closed season and come to sensible decisions that are fair to all countries and Riders

That already happens and is fine - until the Poles don't like what is being suggested. The Poles have been expanding their racedays through the week because of TV demands, hence their keenness to ensure all their riders favour all their fixtures!

Vaculik for the 2018 season will not ride in Sweden. He does not have a club and will not get one.

The UK is his 3rd league after Poland and Home country.

NKI has 3 teams for 2018 and needs permission off Torun to sign for a UK team. Hence why he said there was some rules to get past.

It's the PZM and PGE Extraliga that insist on this ruling and won't allow anyone to break that. Piotr Protasiewicz nearly came over this season but was stopped as he already did three leagues and that is why Iversen never signed for Kings Lynn also. If he has agreed terms in Sweden then he has chosen his three leagues himself.

On to Wolves and Jacob Thorssell has been named in Zielona Gora team while Freddie has been out walking saying everything is on plan to be back next season.

It's the PZM and PGE Extraliga that insist on this ruling and won't allow anyone to break that. Piotr Protasiewicz nearly came over this season but was stopped as he already did three leagues and that is why Iversen never signed for Kings Lynn also. If he has agreed terms in Sweden then he has chosen his three leagues himself.

On to Wolves and Jacob Thorssell has been named in Zielona Gora team while Freddie has been out walking saying everything is on plan to be back next season.

From what I understand Matt Ford got permission from PZM and Extraliga. But then the club wanted a couple of million if they got injured. Which no UK team can afford. So it is some teams which stop riders coming over to the UK.

Speedway riders do not ride for the same club 5 days in every week, if they did then your point has weight, The Poles are effectively tying their riders to 3 leagues, meaning 3 day working weeks.

How ironic that the great man Lech Wałęsa,who fought for workers rights in Poland, now Polish speedway is trying to reverse it.

PS no idea how the type has suddenly gone bold.lol

Edited by hyderd

Speedway riders do not ride for the same club 5 days in every week, if they did then your point has weight, The Poles are effectively tying their riders to 3 leagues, meaning 3 day working weeks.

How ironic that the great man Lech Wałęsa,who fought for workers rights in Poland, now Polish speedway is trying to reverse it.

PS no idea how the type has suddenly gone bold.lol

I think the Poless will argue they are paying for 5 days a week.

The contracts are stipulating availability for promotional work and practice etc as required as well as matches.

The renumeration reflects this and is why they believe they are correct to expect full compliance.

• Like 1

I think the Poless will argue they are paying for 5 days a week.

The contracts are stipulating availability for promotional work and practice etc as required as well as matches.

The renumeration reflects this and is why they believe they are correct to expect full compliance.

Exactly. Additionally they would like to minimise the risk that riders are unavailable due to injuries sustained in other employment.

Exactly. Additionally they would like to minimise the risk that riders are unavailable due to injuries sustained in other employment.

But that works both ways...

Now there are fixed nights won’t Tai be back on a nice low average ??

He said he would not be back unless there was a fixed night policy.

Now there are fixed nights won’t Tai be back on a nice low average ??

He said he would not be back unless there was a fixed night policy.

And less meetings.