British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

I understand not having Garrity, he is a risk, but I honestly think Sarj on a 3.20 average is absolutely worth it. Obviously had a terrible season, but I think he'll absolutely bounce back this season coming.

Nothing against Sarj but in my opinion i just cant see much improvement, we could take better routes IMO.

Definitely not Garrity or Sarjeant. Would like to see Cameron Heeps in the team, as I feel that he will have a good season.

really can't see heeps not being back with us at ipswich, he's an ipswich asset - had a fantastic season - more improvement to come.....however having been to sheffield this year and seen him ride your track can understand why you'd want him in the team!!

Ok, if we can't have Heeps, then replace Josh Grajczonek from the 2017 team with Mark Riss or Mason Campton. Speedway needs some continuity with teams from year to year.

really can't see heeps not being back with us at ipswich, he's an ipswich asset - had a fantastic season - more improvement to come.....however having been to sheffield this year and seen him ride your track can understand why you'd want him in the team!!

Don't riders have a choice in who they ride for? The team that are prepared to pay the best money might seem more attractive to them. Not saying that would be a factor in Heeps case, just a general observation as 'assets' don't seem that loyal to their clubs and vice - versa.

Don't riders have a choice in who they ride for? The team that are prepared to pay the best money might seem more attractive to them. Not saying that would be a factor in Heeps case, just a general observation as 'assets' don't seem that loyal to their clubs and vice - versa.

They do indeed have a choice and being an asset means little in many cases.

Cam is part of the family so to speak at Ipswich however and I cant see him as anything other than a Witch in 2018

They absolutely have the choice to themselves as to where they may want to ride, cam himself has been quoted at the end of the season that this year has been his most enjoyable of his career....also cant see that Sheffield are gonna be able to offer a lot more money than Ipswich are, attendance levels and our main backer mean things are fairly rosy in the ippo camp 👍🏻

lasse bjerre #⃣ 1⃣ 5⃣@LasseBjerre93
FollowFollow @LasseBjerre93
More

Looking for a Championship and a Premiership club in UK #2018 #LB please RT.

I can understand Sheffield going with Josh & Kyle, Best mates and ride together well plus they will retain there average , Not sure Lasse would be as reliable although was awesome last year and once he got dialled in at Owlerton he was nearly untouchable.

Biggest shock is it looks like the Bates have also released him from Leicester, i would have thought that maybe if they couldnt accommodate him at Sheffield they would have given him a sweetener and got him at Leicester

Perhaps it's Monday & Wednesday race nights, clashing with some Danish fixtures, that have seen Leicester not re-signing him.

Perhaps it's Monday & Wednesday race nights, clashing with some Danish fixtures, that have seen Leicester not re-signing him.

But that rules out All premiership clubs , surely his tweet would have been need a club championship only ?

Disappointed if this is correct and he isnt back with us. His rides were often the highlight of meetings last season

Nothing against Sarj but in my opinion i just cant see much improvement, we could take better routes IMO.

sarje could be a good shout for the number 6 spot on 3.20, always thought there is something there but never took it to the next level,maybe signing for his local team may bring the best out of him,still a bit of a gamble though.

with lasse looking for a club elsewhere i reckon graj has commited himself to us,wouldnt mind the following

1. grajczonek

2. williamson

3. bates

4. kerr/starke

5. howarth

6. sarjeant

7. wood

or todd kurtz at4,and greaves at 6, as an alternative.

think grav might find points harder to come by if he has to race in the team rather than at reserve.

matt williamson got an average of 4.72 riding in the main body of the team after the first month,so could be a snip on that average.