British Speedway Forum

It might be that too many clubs want the same night which will restrict the number of available meetings per year, if many want the same night it will mean some clubs will only have one meeting at home every two weeks, rain offs would cause issues.

I hated it when Wolves shared tracks with the Spoons(Heathens). Fortnightly speedway - awful. :cry:

• Like 1

We say every year is the biggest AGM. This year it really is. And I suppose it's going to be tense and difficult to sort it all.

We know they want set race nights. The championship boys dont. So there is already a big conflict of interest to sort out.

We all know finding a happy medium is not easy. 3 days is not a lot of time to find that.

I'm guessing that there's a lot of problems with getting fixed race nights. Too often the promoters take their own interest first & do not see the long term benefits. We'll probably get yet another mish-mash of changes which will not help the sport at all. I wait in dread!

Let's hope then that they opt for one big league racing on the nights the clubs/promoters/fans want - makes more sense

Taking their own interest rather than turkeys voting for Christmas - makes more sense

You'd think the Championship promoters would want set race nights for the Premiership to stop any clashes with doubling up?

• Like 1

You'd think the Championship promoters would want set race nights for the Premiership to stop any clashes with doubling up?

They probably do. But the Thursday clubs will want to keep there race nights. It isn't going to be easy to sort out and for everyone to agree

They probably do. But the Thursday clubs will want to keep there race nights. It isn't going to be easy to sort out and for everyone to agree

Best way then is one big league on the nights that suit

• Like 2

Best way then is one big league on the nights that suit

Think We all would be happy with that as fans

• Like 3

IMO, that'll be fine, as long as the Double up rider(s) in question get priority in the Premiership all the time...

• Like 1

I have heard that poole will still be racing on Wednesday night next season anybody want to confirm that ?

• Like 1

I have heard that poole will still be racing on Wednesday night next season anybody want to confirm that ?

In one big league, hopefully

I guess they will just have to say that the Premiership has priority 100% of the time ...........

We say every year is the biggest AGM. This year it really is. And I suppose it's going to be tense and difficult to sort it all.

We know they want set race nights. The championship boys dont. So there is already a big conflict of interest to sort out.

We all know finding a happy medium is not easy. 3 days is not a lot of time to find that.

You would hope Phil that fundamental changes have already been agreed pre any AGM,as unless there is some kind of 'vote of no confidence' in the Leadership team the AGM should really just ratify what has already been agreed at previous gatherings and the votes for these changes automatically placed...

It would be a concern if they are only now debating the structure for the following season at an AGM. That would take a huge amount of time and emotive discussion...

They don't help themselves with these 'tweets' updating 'the world' with what is in fact, zero news. Far better to keep all powder dry till the meeting has finished and inform everyone then...

Looks far more Professional..

Edited by mikebv

Its not like we want the whole meeting comment, just something to mull over while they complete proceedings.

Read a book for a while !

In one big league, hopefully

Sorry but that won't work, the gate revenue between the "haves" & "have nots" is to great. It would only work if we had a huge league sponsor or TV deal that paid the majority of the wage bill.

A big problem for the AGM to sort is that there is not a big enough step between the rider standard in the Premiership over the Championship. I'm sure this was deliberate in 2017 but it did not work. If Championship pay £? per point the the Premiership has to pay £? x2.

I would like to see any rider missing a 2018 league fixture (other than injury etc.) to be fined £50 & their team fined £100 with all the fines going to the riders BEN fund.

Read a book for a while !

Maybe SGB should have worded their tweet posted Friday a bit differently.

Their tweet said:

NEWS | Premiership and Championship clubs start their AGM in Tenerife which lasts until Sunday. We will bring you news updates as and when we can.

Maybe I misunderstood thinking Prem meeting would be first i.e Fri/Sat with Champ meeting Sunday.

Maybe I shouldn't have taken the wording literally as it stated they would bring us news and more importantly updates when they could.

That's why I thought we might get some updates at least released pending a full statement or the main guts of what was agreed pending an official statement.

Anyway we will soon know outcome.

Like many I am an eager and enthusiastic speedway fan who wants to know things like team limits/league set up etc so I can get the calculator out to try and guess who my team Poole may or may not sign for 2018. The new points limit at least enables you to dismiss certain ideas. Same with if we know how overseas riders GSA's may be established for 2018 and for those who rode in UK up until a certain time i.e 2014 or 2015. Same for example will riders like NKI who rode in 2016 be assessed at that GSA for 2018 ??

All adds to the intrigue and interest while we try to work out who may or may not sign in these dark and dreary nights of the close season :D