British Speedway Forum

On 05/05/2018 at 3:46 PM, Norfolk Bear said:

Last year Redcar team building was exemplary, The only real poor pick was Richard Hall, 

now We have to replace at least 2 , let’s start with Pjiper & Kus. 

If we do not do something then all the good work of last year will have been for nothing.

Fine, hand Matej over to Newcastle :)

37 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Some very interesting names in the Julie Lewis - Tobias Thomson, Max Ruml, Rafa Konopka, Jakob Bukhave - if they out perform the current Bears - surely contracts will be on offer...

Don't think Edinburgh would be too happy with one of them, but fair picks for the other three, wonder if George's scout will be there :P

14 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Are Bukhave and Konopka both 4.00’s I can’t remember if they both got an average or just one of them.

I am not basing this on fact because I don't remember and can't look now, but Konopka was around for a while for a few different teams, so I'd imagine he got an average, not so sure about Bukhave though...

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I am not basing this on fact because I don't remember and can't look now, but Konopka was around for a while for a few different teams, so I'd imagine he got an average, not so sure about Bukhave though...

I believe Konopka started his British career with Redcar and after being dropped moved on to Peterborough mid season . Seemed a very sociable young man always got time to talk to fans , a 100% trier who would go and guest for any team at the drop of a hat just to earn some money. What a lot of fans didn't know is he would go without food for 2/3 days so he could spend money on equipment . I honestly think on good equipment and a reasonable sponsorship deal this lad could advance and the main reason he didn't previously was his sub standard  equipment

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I believe Konopka started his British career with Redcar and after being dropped moved on to Peterborough mid season . Seemed a very sociable young man always got time to talk to fans , a 100% trier who would go and guest for any team at the drop of a hat just to earn some money. What a lot of fans didn't know is he would go without food for 2/3 days so he could spend money on equipment . I honestly think on good equipment and a reasonable sponsorship deal this lad could advance and the main reason he didn't previously was his sub standard  equipment

I wouldn't know about that but his form in Poland in recent times isn't exactly encouraging.

Tobias Thomson well worth a punt looked impressive when he rode at Berwick last season. 

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Must admit he was a good trier and even when last, as often he was, he was always on the third mans tail. I always thought there was something to him, but he just didn't develop.

Pijper must be sh*tting himself with a few riders of his average riding in a meeting at his home track when he isn’t performing.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

7 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Pijper must be sh*tting himself with a few riders of his average riding in a meeting at his home track when he isn’t performing.

Well he shouldn't be alone in that but as usual the gutless management will do nothing.

5 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well he shouldn't be alone in that but as usual the gutless management will do nothing.

awful comment - we have decent managers and promoters, especially compared to what we had. They'll give people a chance to pull up their socks but they will change if necessary. Knee jerk reactions solve nothing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ch958 said:

awful comment - we have decent managers and promoters, especially compared to what we had. They'll give people a chance to pull up their socks but they will change if necessary. Knee jerk reactions solve nothing

Eight losses out of nine! A few 'knee jerks' up the rear might solve something! I expect they WILL make changes eventually but it'll all be too late.

3 hours ago, ch958 said:

Knee jerk - anyone who thinks this side is not destined for the wooden spoon unless changes are made, is delusional - at least three of the side should be worried. It would be four with Barker in the firing line if anyone decent was out there to come in, but as it stands he will get off with his poor start which seems to be machinery related - but he needs to sort it out, and quick.

As it stands - Busch clearly stays, and the BA brothers are good second stringers if not a bit better but that aside the rest have been woeful and none could complain about being dropped.

• Like 2

Please drop Matej so we can have him, thanks :)

3 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Knee jerk - anyone who thinks this side is not destined for the wooden spoon unless changes are made, is delusional - at least three of the side should be worried. It would be four with Barker in the firing line if anyone decent was out there to come in, but as it stands he will get off with his poor start which seems to be machinery related - but he needs to sort it out, and quick.

As it stands - Busch clearly stays, and the BA brothers are good second stringers if not a bit better but that aside the rest have been woeful and none could complain about being dropped.

i trust this management - they will do whats necessary as long as its possible. Our assets need to stay and develop.

Before the season started, it was generally considered around this forum that Redcar, Newcastle and Berwick were unlikely to challenge for anything, unless made of wood. Obviously it would be unwise to stretch your finances too far, so there is some excuse for assembling such (on paper) weak sides. Redcar probably looked the best of the bunch but Berwick and Newcastle have had far more success so far, they seem to have gelled their riders into teams, Redcar haven't! Why?