Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

No funnily enough they didn't.
But fortunately for them Emil did not concede third to Robert despite not getting help from Artem.
So they Won.

Had Lambert got past Emil with Artem not team riding to help; then on some russian forum Ruskie folk very similar to us would be pointing out that tactical mistake that cost them the win.

Although to be fair, Tai only got by at the start of lap 4 didn't he? At that point Laguta did look over his shoulder and slowed to an extent.

The key difference is, Laguta would have known, Lambert wasn't passing Emil 9999 times out of 1000 bar any mechanical failure.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

That's the important question.

If it was Tai, he'd done more than enough to warrant a pass. If it was Rossiter not spelling out what was required he should fall on his sword or be pushed.

Sounds like it's already happenedj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iainb said:

Somebody should take a leaf out the the journalists book that asked Max Verstappen "Why do you keep crashing?" at this weeks F1GP, he may not choose to answer but it's the question most people are asking.

I look forward to the serious journalistic questions being asked tonight and in the Speedway Star. Can you imagine the scrutiny the Poles would come under if it was them. It also makes a bit of a mockery of all of the effort that is now going into the GB Speedway Team if at the end of the day a rider is not even going to try and win, be that the riders decision deliberately or due to lack of information or the managers decision

I think we might have to wait for Rosco's book before we know the real answer to this baffling mystery;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

 

The key difference is, Laguta would have known, Lambert wasn't passing Emil 9999 times out of 1000 bar any mechanical failure.

AGREE. GB didn't lose it, Russia won it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AGREE. GB didn't lose it, Russia won it.

Well that makes all the difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AGREE. GB didn't lose it, Russia won it.

Making progress..

Now when you figure out WHY they won, you might then figure out where GB went wrong. Here's a clue.. winning the race didn't win it for them.. because, as we know, they didn't even win it.

Edited by BWitcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

The usual Stevebrum.. post something, then deny it.. oblivious to the fact it can easily be quoted.

You are quite right about my style of posting, simply because I only post about things I either know  I'm right on or strongly believe I am... something you should try some time.

The difference between us is when I am shown to be wrong, I apologise, learn and move on...not try and deny what I said.

 

There was nothing to deny. You read what you want in a post as per usual. We simply don’t know what Rosco or the team said we had to do in the final. It certainly seems obvious to everyone else what we had to do.

id rather give some the benefit of the doubt instead of being pompous like you. We’ve seen so many instances of you ‘strongly believe I am’ right by constantly harbouring the point in a relentless manner. 

Thankfully we are all different and not all of us have to believe what we know is right. Thankfully I don’t need to be that important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Making progress..

Now when you figure out WHY they won, you might then figure out where GB went wrong. Here's a clue.. winning the race didn't win it for them.. because, as we know, they didn't even win it.

BECAUSE their two riders were better than ours ... taking the two together. Their tactic (as we know from Emil) was that he would secure third and once he passed Lambert that was effectively secured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

BECAUSE their two riders were better than ours ... taking the two together. Their tactic (as we know from Emil) was that he would secure third and once he passed Lambert that was effectively secured.

So the Russian tactic was to 'secure' third. Why? Because that would win them the meeting. 

Why wasn't Britains tactic the same?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

So the Russian tactic was to 'secure' third. Why? Because that would win them the meeting. 

Why wasn't Britains tactic the same?

 

IT probably was but as well as Lambert had done, right now he isn't in Emil's class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT probably was but as well as Lambert had done, right now he isn't in Emil's class.

Do you think so, really ?

Everything points to that NOT being the plan. If there was one at all.
Tbh I think they were just going to 'try their best' from the start and see what came of it.
No plan for the getting a Russian to the back specifically at all.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT probably was but as well as Lambert had done, right now he isn't in Emil's class.

Of course he isn't in Emil's class. We all know that.

Hence he needed help.

So you've told us once Emil got ahead of Lambert, Lambert wasn't going to repass him on his own. So at that point, Britain have lost.

We have two choices at this stage.. chase Laguta and lose. Or try and slow Emil to give Lambert and chance and although still likely lose, we have a chance of winning.

Yet you continually advocate taking the guaranteed losing option. Staggering!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES I do. We will never know but had Lambert held off Sayfutdinov's early thrust Woffinden would most likely have held back to try and help him. But that is a very different scenario to what happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Of course he isn't in Emil's class. We all know that.

Hence he needed help.

So you've told us once Emil got ahead of Lambert, Lambert wasn't going to repass him on his own. So at that point, Britain have lost.

We have two choices at this stage.. chase Laguta and lose. Or try and slow Emil to give Lambert and chance and although still likely lose, we have a chance of winning.

Yet you continually advocate taking the guaranteed losing option. Staggering!

THIS is where we differ and I have spoken to riders about this. Slowing Emil down on a track like Wroclaw, so wide with many racing lines, is a huge ask and throughout Saturday it didn't look as though Robert was as fast as he was on Friday. Russia had a rehearsal in Heat 19 (think that was it) and would have been buoyed by that. The consensus I have got is that if Tai had slowed down Emil would have passed him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy