British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick v Workington. Championship Shield 5/5/18

Yip,a year at NL level is a must .When you see how Kyle Bickley is faring in his first year Championship level it makes you realise the gulf between the leagues.The way Lambert showed up all the young talent. In the U21 Final also hits this home IMO .

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Yip,a year at NL level is a must .When you see how Kyle Bickley is faring in his first year Championship level it makes you realise the gulf between the leagues.The way Lambert showed up all the young talent. In the U21 Final also hits this home IMO .

I think the Under 21s was a predictable meeting. almost 4 camps, Lambert camp 1.    Bewley, Grieves, Mountain etc camp 2 , also ran's camp 3 and also also ran's in camp 4.  Leon has his head screwed on not bad for a speedway rider, understands his capabilities but strives to be better,

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I think the Under 21s was a predictable meeting. almost 4 camps, Lambert camp 1.    Bewley, Grieves, Mountain etc camp 2 , also ran's camp 3 and also also ran's in camp 4.  Leon has his head screwed on not bad for a speedway rider, understands his capabilities but strives to be better,

There are a few of your " also rans" the stars of the future and not much older than Leon.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There are a few of your " also rans" the stars of the future and not much older than Leon.

Couple of riders around Leons age that I think are good prospects, also a few younger ones on 125s and 250s that are coming on nicely.  In the also rans I think Kyle is the nearest to leon in age, just over a year older,  the way Leon has handled the progression is impressive, steady as you go one stage at time, even now he has set as sensible target at Birmingham, although he is exceeding it, he still maintains his sensible target.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I would say if Leon wants to ride for Berwick then so be it.  My belief is however, is he is a better rider than that and aim for the best deal to further his speedway career . If he continues in the way he has at Birminhgham then all of the senior clubs will be queuing  up to do a deal with him, for his sake he must ignore any sentiment.

I was thinking more towards the end of his career when he’s on the slide. That’s the preferred option at Berwick isn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Shadders said:

I was thinking more towards the end of his career when he’s on the slide. That’s the preferred option at Berwick isn’t it?

We certainly dont' have a history in the last 8 or so years of signing an up and coming rider, certainly have signed plenty of  riders on the back end of their career , so we will se Leon in Berwick colours in about 15 to 20 years from now

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, Shadders said:

What is the preferred option at Rye House?

According to the SGB website the Rye House riders were born in 76, 78, 82, 84, 86, 88 and 97 (usual line up after injury).

The Berwick riders were born in 80, 82, 88, 91, 94, 94 and 95.

I would say the Berwick team is younger than the Rye team. :lol:  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

We certainly dont' have a history in the last 8 or so years of signing an up and coming rider, certainly have signed plenty of  riders on the back end of their career , so we will se Leon in Berwick colours in about 15 to 20 years from now

That's if the sport is still going then!