British Speedway Forum

Averages (effective 1st July)

Steve 7.76. TJ 6.89. Lasse 6.47. Matty 6.52. Max 4.33. Jacob 4.00. Danny 2.00. Ttl 37.97.

Edited by StevePark

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

and Ludde on a straight swap for Lasse, 6.47 (identical averages) ;)

Then I could put me banner back up :t:

Hopefully not.

Guest Loose Diamond
13 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Thanks for that, Steve, but I thnk our reserves are nailed on to the end of the season (which will be upon us before we know it).

Very true.

I think in a way as daft as this sounds we have to praise the promotion for going down a totally different route regarding team building obviously the team was going to be different until circumstances changed before the season started. Most fans wanted wholesale changes which we got and fans still aren’t happy? Why would you bring Lindgren back when the majority wanted rid of him last season? 

It was a risk signing TJ and Bjerre and unfortunately so far it hasn’t paid off. But I actually don’t think we are far off being a good team. I can’t really see many changes being made. 

9 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

I think in a way as daft as this sounds we have to praise the promotion for going down a totally different route regarding team building obviously the team was going to be different until circumstances changed before the season started. Most fans wanted wholesale changes which we got and fans still aren’t happy? Why would you bring Lindgren back when the majority wanted rid of him last season? 

It was a risk signing TJ and Bjerre and unfortunately so far it hasn’t paid off. But I actually don’t think we are far off being a good team. I can’t really see many changes being made. 

Some fans are never happy.

As with previous years, we are near, but not quite there as a team, perhaps one rider away from being a good side (who that rider is though is anyone's guess!).

High 30's+ on the road at the majority of tracks, a couple of early home defeats as riders got used to new surroundings and beaten by the best team in the league at home.

I think we are in a false league position.  Plus we have a Semi-Final of the KOC to look forward to against a team we seem to do well against on their track.

37 minutes ago, StevePark said:

As with previous years, we are near, but not quite there as a team, perhaps one rider away from being a good side (who that rider is though is anyone's guess!).

High 30's+ on the road at the majority of tracks, a couple of early home defeats as riders got used to new surroundings and beaten by the best team in the league at home.

I think we are in a false league position.  Plus we have a Semi-Final of the KOC to look forward to against a team we seem to do well against on their track.

Do you know how many points we have to play with?

48 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Do you know how many points we have to play with?

IF it goes up to 40 (not sure about that, but no doubt someone will know!) we have 2.03 on the July averages (see my post earlier on this page - I wish the posts were numbered like they used to be!!!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

IF it goes up to 40 (not sure about that, but no doubt someone will know!) we have 2.03 on the July averages (see my post earlier on this page - I wish the posts were numbered like they used to be!!!).

Thereafter the 30th June must not exceed 40.00,,, 18.6.4

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
7 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Neither can I. Unfortunately. Bjerre was a big risk with his previous dodgy attitude. Which by the way has not changed.

19 hours ago, StevePark said:

:t:

19 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Neither can I. Unfortunately. Bjerre was a big risk with his previous dodgy attitude. Which by the way has not changed.

His dodgy attitude was primarily with his fellow team mates (Redcar, Sheffield). i've yet to see any of that this year. In fact the very opposite. He's lost points trying to help his partner this season, without any real tantrums. He's not the first rider, or likely to be the last, to appear to give up when last. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leander said:

He's not the first rider, or likely to be the last, to appear to give up when last. 

Yeah, but the good ones pop a few 'wheelies', to keep some folk entertained :t:

Not just looking down and pretending they've got machinery issues :(

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, but the good ones pop a few 'wheelies', to keep some folk entertained :t:

Not just looking down and pretending they've got machinery issues :(

Maybe he can't wheelie?

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2019 at 3:40 PM, StevePark said:

Well if we're one rider away, why don't we be a bit ambitious for once and have a gamble... We're clearly carrying too much now, and if we do nothing, the season will be over VERY soon