British Speedway Forum
greyhoundp

Glasgow 2019 Onwards

3 hours ago, singy13 said:

Perhaps same source that enabled you to tell them of their promotion (used that word lightly) to the top flight......remember you did say that, long before it was announced.......or was it some informant from a base nearer home?

Unfortunately not; and nothing so "derring-do" covert or surreptitious, it was from a conversation at Peterborough with "Top Men" you know like those in the Harrison Ford Film Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark...

There’s a scene at the end of “Raiders of the Lost Ark”  that always had me thinking.... No, not the one where the crate containing the Team Announcements that are being made are stored and being hidden away in that huge BSPA warehouse (along with all the other crates containing things the BSPA wants to keep from us – the club losses, evidence of alien life, super-efficient bikes saving riders money, cheap engines, the 6 man team proposal, riders sign on fees and salaries, pay slips etc.), but the one just before that where Indiana slams the BSPA agents at whose bequest he recovered the Team Announcements:

Indiana: Fools. Bureaucratic fools!
Marion: What’d they say?
Indiana: They don’t know what they’ve got there.

Dr. Jones, the dedicated arbiter that he is, wants the Team Build Announcements to be studied and analysed so that all there secrets can be learned and that they can be confirmed as being fair and equitable. He suspects, with good reason, that the inept bureaucrats in the BSPA will either botch the study or worse, bury it again, hiding all the evidence that there has been illegal practices going on.

Maj. Eaton: We have top men working on it right now.
Indiana: Who?
Maj. Eaton: Top… men.

But I think that the BSPA really does know what it’s doing, and hiding the information away like they do is most likely the best option and it was these "Top Men" who must unfortunately remain anonymous who I had my conversation with.

I would only be putting you in mortal danger if I was to reveal their names, so sorry Indie but "Mum is the Word"....

Oops a mean Singy...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Haha 1

This is a Glasgow thread, go pollute the threads that you want to discuss their team with. Just being totally honest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

But I think that the BSPA really does know what it’s doing, and hiding the information away like they do is most likely the best option and it was these "Top Men" who must unfortunately remain anonymous who I had my conversation with.

I would only be putting you in mortal danger if I was to reveal their names, so sorry Indie but "Mum is the Word"....

Ok THJ don't need to be in mortal danger just yet thanks.

I guess you are back at work......gizza a job marra..............................

..mind I should talk  - my ex colleagues used to, ofen deviously, plague my thinking strategies during my years of inputting to the prog. (during work hours) of that other outfit who grace DP.

Apologies Ashfield guys for usurping your thread.

4 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Ok THJ don't need to be in mortal danger just yet thanks.

I guess you are back at work......gizza a job marra..............................

..mind I should talk  - my ex colleagues used to, ofen deviously, plague my thinking strategies during my years of inputting to the prog. (during work hours) of that other outfit who grace DP.

I am at work all the time really... I own the company...

Regards
THJ

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Yeah Stuart said so......

23 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Ahh, so thats how you get away with playing on the forum all the time,,, ya probly just pretending to be doing important stuff ;)

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

However just a total guess and apologies in advance as it is on the wrong thread

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

This is a Glasgow thread, go pollute the threads that you want to discuss their team with. Just being totally honest.

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Trax

I do appreciate your honesty... honest...  however there was a great deal of self-effacing and respectful forewarning of our irreverent posts on this auspicious and very important thread and once again please accept our fullest apologies with all the servile fawinig I can muster, having shown such a modest or low estimate of one's importance.

I felt very humble when reading your post being so unassuming and self-deprecating,

So again please accept my fullest apologies and I will endeavour to keep off here with such none-sense

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ah, so that's how you get away with playing on the forum all the time,,, ya probably just pretending to be doing important stuff ;)

Hey I am busy I will have you know.... and is this not important stuff? learning etiquette and politeness, I mean I could have just said to old Trax "up yours Jock" "as its not like you don't post anywhere else on other clubs threads"... But no "Manners maketh man" as me old Gran used to say and she got that from William Horman (c. 1440 – April 1535) who was a headmaster at Eton and Winchester College in the early Tudor period of English history. He is best known for his Latin grammar textbook the Vulgaria, which created controversy at the time due to its unconventional approach in first giving examples of translations of English writings on different topics, and later discussing the rules of grammar. The Vulgaria draws from a variety of sources, for example including the saying "It does no good for all truth to be told nor all wrong imputed" and how relevant is that saying today, from 500 odd years ago and still relevant... even in Speedway and the bike wasn't even invented then. However one of his classics was "it is better a chylde unborne than untaught" and when trying to correspond rationally with some of the Neanderthals on here why should we argue with rational like that... 

It is nice to impart knowledge and what can we derive from this very learned man... Well with spelling like that he must have been a Cumbrian and secondly Jenga must be at least 500 year old and one of his first pupils; int that reet marra just lyke yer sayd lyke  tu otha neet (TiC)

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key word

5 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Trax

I do appreciate your honesty... honest...  however there was a great deal of self-effacing and respectful forewarning of our irreverent posts on this auspicious and very important thread and once again please accept our fullest apologies with all the servile fawinig I can muster, having shown such a modest or low estimate of one's importance.

I felt very humble when reading your post being so unassuming and self-deprecating,

So again please accept my fullest apologies and I will endeavour to keep off here with such none-sense

Regards
THJ

Hey I am busy I will have you know.... and is this not important stuff? learning etiquette and politeness, I mean I could have just said to old Trax "up yours Jock" "as its not like you don't post anywhere else on other clubs threads"... But no "Manners maketh man" as me old Gran used to say and she got that from William Horman (c. 1440 – April 1535) who was a headmaster at Eton and Winchester College in the early Tudor period of English history. He is best known for his Latin grammar textbook the Vulgaria, which created controversy at the time due to its unconventional approach in first giving examples of translations of English writings on different topics, and later discussing the rules of grammar. The Vulgaria draws from a variety of sources, for example including the saying "It does no good for all truth to be told nor all wrong imputed" and how relevant is that saying today, from 500 odd years ago and still relevant... even in Speedway and the bike wasn't even invented then. However one of his classics was "it is better a chylde unborne than untaught" and when trying to correspond rationally with some of the Neanderthals on here why should we argue with rational like that... 

It nice to impart knowledge and what can we derive from this very learned man... Well with spelling like that he must have been a Cumbrian and secondly Jenga must be at least 500 year old and one of his first pupils; int that reet marra just lyke yer sayd lyke (TiC)

Regards
THJ

just call me yoda . :nono: tic toc .

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well with spelling like that he must have been a Cumbrian and secondly Jenga must be at least 500 year old and one of his first pupils; int that reet marra just lyke yer sayd lyke  tu otha neet (TiC)

You've  missed off the all important eh.............it's not proper west Cumbrian marra  without eh is it eh Jenga.??

5 minutes ago, nagy1 said:

What an absolute shambles of a thread. 

was doin ok until you posted  . ehh ..... lol  dont like  it , dont light it .  ( lost in translation frae yurkshire )

Edited by jenga

Can we get back to who’s signing or what people would like to see regarding team for 2019 as the thread is just a complete mess, time to draw a line over the past two weeks comments and have some grown up discussion, no offence meant.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Can we get back to who’s signing or what people would like to see regarding team for 2019 as the thread is just a complete mess, time to draw a line over the past two weeks comments and have some grown up discussion, no offence meant.

Good luck with that one.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Mind mr honest John, you post some good stuff about the ins and outs of Speedway but my god do you slaver on.

You're not wrong... however it's the boredom of waiting for these announcements... and you know what they say...

Nothing good comes from boredom. It's said that idle hands are the devil's workshop, an old saying dating at least as far back as Chaucer in the twelfth century who called idle hands the devil's tools.

So the idle fingers on the idle hands start typing to try and relieve the boredom and if you can inject some inane fact into the proceedings that some may find interesting that makes me smile... and if it annoys the "crepe" out of some folk.... well.... 

Well I PMSL to be honest...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1