British Speedway Forum
Pavo

Alan Sage

Do anyone remember Alan Sage who rode for many clubs i was at Arena Essex in 1985 at Alans testimonial meeting and after the meeting they actioned off various items of the riders that day and i bid and won Alans race jacket which i have framed and has pride of place on my wall something i will always treasure as an older speedway fan my wife and i started watching Rayleigh Rockets when we were tenagers then over the years we supported West Ham,Romford Bombers,and Arena Essex who become the Lakeside Hammers and now sadly have moved to rye house as the Arena track has been closed down for yet more housing in the Thurrock area nobody cares about sport these days the councils just want more and more housing for those from over seas very sad.

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 1

Alan Sage rode for West Ham at the back end of 1970, moved to Ipswich in 1972 and then to Crayford in 1975.

From his first appearance for West Ham in 1970 until 22 July 1979, Sage did not miss one single official fixture, riding in 327 consecutive matches. A quite remarkable record. His run came to an end when he broke his leg guesting for Canterbury.

• Like 2