British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Armadale Devils 2020

Now that we have a NL side again for the first time since 2005 hopefully be able to bring through our next crop of up and coming Scottish riders like before. 

just the sort of platform the likes of the miller brothers need to progress.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope it is as much fun as before, with a larger crowd. Will certainly be a lot easier after the meeting with no sheets to lift.

A tour looks a possibility with the Devils at I.O.W. and a Wednesday southern Championship meeting.

Seeing as Edinburgh knew they were doing this, wouldn’t you have expected a youngster in their team at number 7 that could’ve raced for the Armadale Devils? Someone like Coles or Ruddick. 

9 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Seeing as Edinburgh knew they were doing this, wouldn’t you have expected a youngster in their team at number 7 that could’ve raced for the Armadale Devils? Someone like Coles or Ruddick. 

They have said that they will race their home meetings when the senior team is racing away so riders can't really be in both teams!

• Thanks 1

Are their many Scottish riders good enough for the NL, I only know Ryan Mac who will be a good 2nd string this year. Who else is knocking on the door on the youth and amateur scenes. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Are their many Scottish riders good enough for the NL, I only know Ryan Mac who will be a good 2nd string this year. Who else is knocking on the door on the youth and amateur scenes. 

Even if there are a couple of strong contenders from the dev leagues / amateur leagues they are still only going to occupy the reserve berths. I fully expect the usual northern suspects may feature like Ryan Mac, Ruddick etc but it still needs to be a team up to standard and whoever signs is in for a whole load of travelling for every away match.

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Even if there are a couple of strong contenders from the dev leagues / amateur leagues they are still only going to occupy the reserve berths. I fully expect the usual northern suspects may feature like Ryan Mac, Ruddick etc but it still needs to be a team up to standard and whoever signs is in for a whole load of travelling for every away match.

They will only have 6 away meetings so it shouldn't be a major problem. I think Ryan Mc did his fair share this season without too many hiccups although he did suffer some cruel rain offs.  

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The miller brothers are regular second half riders at Armadale. Both young lads looking to make the step up and with a team up here now they will more than likely get that chance. Be good experience for them and hopefully push them on to the next level.

What about

1. Coles

2. Embleton

3. Marson 

4. MacDonald

5. Ruddick 

6. Millar

7. Freeman

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 2

Pretty sure the first 3 are sorted already maybe try get James Mcbain back on a bike 

Edited by mac101

Kieran Douglas another name looked very comfortable at the small Plymouth track last year when riding for Stoke

George Rothery, Elliot Kelly?

Both impressed last season at Edinburgh but the team will need a couple of heat leaders and non of those so far mentioned are at that level yet.

I think we Will need to see who is left  once teams are announced I know most decent riders are fixed up already  jack smith tom Perry  Luke priest maybe also maybe suit Leon flint less travel to be home for his Berwick match on a Saturday I know what it’s like to travel 5 and a half hours each way  to go to your home matches it’s a hard shift both on you and your pocket 

Edited by mac101

Josh Embleton can't be fitted back in on his 4.83 average at Leicester and would jump at the chance of a spot at Armadale. After his progression this season and his investment in equipment I believe it would be a great shout for both parties. He has rode all the NL tracks now and put over 2 1/2 points on his average.

Edited by Parsy29