British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Navigator1900

SGP Lublin: Fredrik Lindgren on Janowski incident

Today's Speedway Star gives the opinion of Lindgren as follows: "I am still not very pleased about that.It was a hard move, but I don't think it was dangerous riding. I left room on the outside of Magic. There was definitely half a metre from me to the fence. He could have used that space, but he chose not to. It wasn't like I ran into him and put him through the fence. These are the kind of moves riders do all the time I feel. People do it to me and I take it. (IMO a handlebar has a length of 80 cm, I wonder how Magic could have enough room within 50 cm .....?) 

Scott Nicholls wrote"Freddie didn't need to go as far as he did. .... Lublin is a very tight track .... if Magic had gone down there, it would have been nasty, very very painful. He would have missed the airbag, hit the solid fence ....

I think many agree that Fredrik LIndgren is a very good and spectacular rider, but this last example confirms that sometimes he is overcooking it.

Edited by Navigator1900

In an interview last year or the year before, he said he rode hard and it was up to the referee to decide if he’d ridden too hard. Now a referee has made that decision, he complains. 
IMO Fast Freddie is more and more Dirty Freddie. Maybe he reckons he needs to be more like Nicki Pedersen if he’s ever to be World Champion? :D

• Thanks 1