British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Berwick SGB Championship 1 May 4pm

33 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Is all ok though ? 

Paul rode really well today

We left soon after the ref had returned to the box. Didn’t hear anything else. 

As for Ty Proctor, my sources say nerve damage, nothing broken 

3 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Will george be out next sunday? Who could we get in for him? Jack thomas? 

also whos our next guest? 

Could you fit Anders Rowe in ? 

47 minutes ago, mplatten said:

First of all, fair play to the Bandits for sticking at it and getting something from the meeting with only 5 riders left and also special mention to Bickley for his ride in heat 12 to effectively get us something from this meeting. 

As for the meeting itself, bends 3 and 4 were a problem. In the opening race it was clear it was catching riders out, however nothing was done about it and this led to Proctor's crash (get well soon) in the following race. And with the exception of Bomber in heat 15 it was gate and hug the white line sort of stuff. 

Then we come to the medical situation. Whilst I understand a riders welfare should come first, it is getting on my nerves as to why given the pressures on ambulances etc, it hasn't become mandatory for 2 ambulances to be present at a speedway track. This has to be a requirement asap. To wait over 75 mins whilst the ambulance went to and from the RVI was a farce and any first timers there would be put off from coming back. 

I only live 15 mins away, but apart from seeing Berwick I couldn't stomach watching that every week and I find it hard to imagine some home supporters being prepared to watch this, especially if in the coming weeks Newcastle return back to losing week in week out after a fluke home win. 

Hardly a fluke when our riders outscored your riders :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Simple thing would be

Fine clubs who cannot deliver a meeting within 120 minutes

And what if the rider has a serious back or neck injury after crashing and has to be attended to on track for 30/40 minutes? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Jack Thomas' average is far too high

1 minute ago, sommelier said:

Could you fit Anders Rowe in ? 

Yes... Assuming Leicester haven't dropped him by then??

Hopefully Ty and George are both ok and racing again soon

As for the junior meeting, what a farce... Why didn't the Berwick lads ride???

• Like 1

Also the ambulance situation... Newcastle used to always have 2 ambulances at the track at one stage, I'm assuming the cost is preventing that nowadays?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

And what if the rider has a serious back or neck injury after crashing and has to be attended to on track for 30/40 minutes? 

Then you have an "allowance" of time for on track injuries which is incorporated into the overall running time to complete a meeting.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Jack Thomas' average is far too high

Yes... Assuming Leicester haven't dropped him by then??

Hopefully Ty and George are both ok and racing again soon

As for the junior meeting, what a farce... Why didn't the Berwick lads ride???

According to Leicester forum, Rowe has been sacked!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Yes George out of Sunday.  Two guests spoken to tonight.  Announcement in due course.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yes George out of Sunday.  Two guests spoken to tonight.  Announcement in due course.

Bomber and Kyle then? :D

Wish it was two replacements spoken to... not guests...

34 minutes ago, StevePark said:

And you claim to be not in the know. Your own words.! 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Then you have an "allowance" of time for on track injuries which is incorporated into the overall running time to complete a meeting.

So would we have to have a new set of rules in the rule book 

serious injury = unlimited time. Doctor looking at rider = 30 mins. Riders shaken = 10 minutes. Spectator in crowd falling ill = 40 minutes. AirFence deflation = 30 minutes. Innocent riders machinery repairs= 10 minutes.

The list could go on as how many meetings run over 2 hours if there is not an unforeseen incident 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

Very unlikely Berwick will get anything with only five riders.

A very very hard earned point was the least that they deserved… had proctor not crashed id have been confident that that was a win for us

3 hours ago, enotian said:

Hope Proctor is on commission for the scran van.  Must have done a roaring trade today.

Nowt else to do when you’ve got to wait for things to happen… £4.00 for a bacon roll I wouldn’t mind paying if it was filled but to open it and find I only got 2 rashers of bacon left me a bit riled… the scoops of ice cream weren’t really value either.. I won’t be that stupid again! 

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

A heroic point for the Bandits with some shenanigans from the Diamonds with George Congreve having “delayed concussion” after two rides and the referee being called to the pits after heat 15 to investigate Berwick complaints about Paul Starkes silencer. 

Yep… bloody terrific effort from all 5 Bandits left standing! Some funny shenanigans though… like you say.. the ongoing saga of the Wilson Dean “injury”… Congreve struggling and then “delayed concussion “… James Wright and his ongoing moving at the tapes… 

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Great effort from Berwick a very well deserved point hopefully both riders not out for long.

Hopefully not… least we have a break now.. time to heal and regroup! 

41 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Hardly a fluke when our riders outscored your riders :D

Your team struggled to beat 5 riders… well done! 

22 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Bomber and Kyle then? :D

Wish it was two replacements spoken to... not guests...

After witnessing what I and many other Berwick fans did tonight, I’d be telling Flinty to make sure our riders accept no bookings at all for Brough! Yet again there were very experienced riders struggling on bends 3 & 4.. wethers and Howarth in heat 1.. Ty in heat 2… Clegg coming down on his own at the back on bends 3 & 4! And this generally happens every meeting I go to.. and I’ve seen a few at Brough the last 20 solid years I’ve been going!

And before the usual suspects on here have a go… oh, “you’re just bitter you lost”… I ain’t.. I truly am not bitter…. I thought beforehand we’d get beat so to get a point was superb… but tonight made me realise how lucky we are at Berwick! 
Generally to stay safe  you had to stay on the inside… what kept it interesting was the closeness of the meeting… it only came alive with a brilliant heat 12 from Theo and Kyle! 

And the carry on after heat 15 in the pits re; Starkes silencer… what’s the crack with that? 

6 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Your team struggled to beat 5 riders… well done! 

Both teams started with 7 riders and ended with 6... Well done!

And we won fairly comfortably in the end, brilliant meeting with a last heat decider, would ask for that every week... Probably the 9 last places for Berwick and the 8 wins for Newcastle is what sealed it :D More passing tonight than there is in an entire season at Berwick... And yes, I did go there fairly regularly (until this year) Both tracks at Newcastle and Berwick are awful, let's face it... I just wanna see proper riders throwing their bikes around week in week out... Like James Wright, Paul Starke, Max Clegg, Chris Harris. Brilliant rides by some of those tonight

Yes, there was a bump tonight, that appears to have developed since they put the extra 20 tonnes of shale onto the track last week... I'm sure it will be smoothed out and it will be back to being (slightly less) bumpy than it was tonight :D

Honestly I thought George looked a lot better tonight than he did in previous weeks, on the pace and riding hard, just a shame he was involved in 2 nasty racing incidents (nothing worth shouting about under your helmet... ey?) :sad: Hope his head ain't too sore in the morning...

Other than Bomber and Ricky, Berwick were pretty rubbish imo... Kyle and Theo had 1 good race each, could say Berwick were actually a 2 man team tonight :rolleyes: Haha