British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Timbo

Bibra Lake WA meeting

Is there is anyone out there who can let us know if there are any prospects for a new track site which may come out of the meeting (to be held tonight I think).

Much obliged :)

The good news for you Timbo is the new track is planned to be adjacent to the Wanneroo Junior Motocross track (subject to Shire approval).

Just 10 minutes up the road from you if you are still living in Joondalup.

As a matter of intrest i went passed Bibra the other day on my way back from Mandurah and and everything has gone lights, fences, stands the whole lot it was a bit sad really. :sad:

BTW did catch the SGP on Fox last Saturday? If not i'll lend you the tape after Davey Cheshire has finished with it.

The good news for you Timbo is the new track is planned to be adjacent to the Wanneroo Junior Motocross track (subject to Shire approval).

Just 10 minutes up the road from you if you are still living in Joondalup.

As a matter of intrest i went passed Bibra the other day on my way back from Mandurah and and everything has gone lights, fences, stands the whole lot it was a bit sad really. :sad:

BTW did catch the SGP on Fox last Saturday?

Thanks Ozyace. Yes that is good news for us northern suburbs types! Is that the place on Ocean Reef Road at the north end of Wangara? Or is it near Barbagallo Raceway (BTW my son and I are going to see the V8 supercars on Friday and Saturday-should be good fun).

It is sad when a speedway venue closes down and especially one as good as Bibra Lake was. If you have a look at Speedway Plus there are loads of former sites of speedway stadiums in the UK :cry:

Re the Fox Sports, my in-laws have Fox so I get them to tape it for me. I actually watched it this morning before coming to work (a good start to the day). The Prague GP was not a bad meeting and controversy thrown in for good measure - don't know how NP didn't get excluded when he squeezed out Greg Hancock on the back straight :blink:

Wroclaw sounds like it was an excellent meet as well, so look forward to seeing that one too.

Timbo its the one near Barbagallo just past the Wanneroo Golf Club, close indeed.

I am also going to the cars on Saturday, in a corporate box with free beer, food, acces to the pits, i'm a jammy get sometimes. :P

I just hope the weather holds off.

BTW Johno's got a gig for Sky at Cardiff again (special comments or something :blink: ) and he has promised to send me a copy of the tape and programme. B)