British Speedway Forum
Mylor

British SGP.....Thank you Ole Olsen

Thanks for putting dirt on the track.

This was a GP for the racers.

Anyone disagree?

It was the best surface they have laid there yet. I think it still needs more banking, no-one was passed around the outside after the first corner. They were able to get level but not complete an outside pass. Most where going wide to cut back and get there wheels in line first to get the momentum to dive under the opposition on the next bend. However what the racing lacks the atmosphere in the stadium and the crowds outside, and well basically the whole day make up for that. :wink:

Edited by evo

GP was cool, but it was disappointing that there was no outside line!

i guess at brough we have been spoiled with the standards of the racing with passing inside and outside - the rest of british speedway has to catch up.

Robbie Best needs meredith's job.

Guest Steve Dixon

Think it needed a bit more dirt, thought the outside worked a lot better than some of the other manufactured tracks.

I thought the track was pretty good best one yet for cardiff........... but when grading why did the tractors just keep going round the outside and not dragging the dirt down? All they did was turn it over and add water, perhaps they could get Hans and Nicki to drive them as they know how to use all the track :D

must've been all that beer affecting your eyesight jive. from where i was sat i clearly saw the tractors bringing in dirt from the outside ;)

i bet mini jive was as destraught as myself when crumpy came last?

Edited by woody-the-bee

We met Ole Olsen in the town on his way to the stadium what a lovely man. I always thought he looked unapproachable and when asked about an incident a long long time ago he even remembered the rider and the race!

Well done for the track, the entertainment, the whole event and if you wasn't there you missed out, next time you should go!

Definatly the best one-off track so far. We have given the track guys at these stadiums a bit of stick in the last few years when they rutted up badly or they had disasters (Gothenburg). But Stockholm and now Cardiff have shown they have finally cracked it!! Well done Ole/BSI/Everybody else involved!

Definatly the best one-off track so far. We have given the track guys at these stadiums a bit of stick in the last few years when they rutted up badly or they had disasters (Gothenburg). But Stockholm and now Cardiff have shown they have finally cracked it!! Well done Ole/BSI/Everybody else involved!

cheers mate

i guess at brough we have been spoiled with the standards of the racing with passing inside and outside - the rest of british speedway has to catch up.

Robbie Best needs meredith's job.

wise words from the voice of reason.

must've been all that beer affecting your eyesight jive. from where i was sat i clearly saw the tractors bringing in dirt from the outside ;)

i bet mini jive was as destraught as myself when crumpy came last?

On the first second bend they just seemed to ride round the outside and not drag it down, but a lot of beer did have a lot to do with it as well :blink:

Yep Ryan was a bit gutted at Crumpy not winning but he got through 2 airhorn cannisters so was happy :D Don't think the people in front were though :unsure: