British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Star

Martin Rogers

Anyone know of the whereabouts of "The Prince Of Prose" former Kings Lynn, Leicester and Peterborough promoter Martin Rogers. Last i heard he had dissapeared down under and gone back to his former work as a journalist.

Any one able to update me ? I was very surprised at his decision to leave this country and even more surprised, given his enthusiasm for speedway racing, that he appears to have severed his links with the sport.

Martin Rogers now resides on Australia's Gold Coast. Last I heard he was sports editor of the Gold Coast Bulletin daily newspaper and gave speedway regular coverage.

I've seen him at Labrador Speedway regularly over the years and was giving away signed copies of his book last year.

Saw Martin Rodgers at Kings Lynn,Season2002.He was over here on holiday.

Believe his son still lives in England and is a sports writer for a british paper.

Saw Martin Rodgers at Kings Lynn,Season2002.He was over here on holiday.

Believe his son still lives in England and is a sports writer for a british paper.

Indeed he is. Martin Rogers jnr writes for the Mirror.

Indeed he is. Martin Rogers jnr writes for the Mirror.

That makes me feel old - I remember MR junior riding up and down behind the main stand at Leicester on his tricycle before the meeting pretending to be Les Collins (or maybe it was Neil or Mark Courtney) - must have been about five

That surprises me fireblade that you feel that way, he was actually quite complimentary about you

Now that's joke of the century LOL. But seriously, in 1987 he did a few of us out of some money. Shan't go into it on here, e-mail me for more details.