British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GeneralMelchett

What about Scott then!!

Oh yeah, I had money on Scott to win, so I was suporting him :)

Nice to see a smiley before the managing Newport bit! :D Good point SCB, would be interesting what Middlo thinks about this, haven't I seen him with the riders at a GP before? :unsure:

I'd be happy to bet the BSPA won't finance it - anyone with any inside info on that?

What was noticable was the complete lack of National Managerial support for not just Scott, but all the British riders.

Just what we were thinking whilst watching the G.P.

Jacob and Ole Olsen were all over the Danish riders with encouragement and support, but where was the England manager or a representative?

This is something to take up with the BSPA/SCB as they do not / will not pay for Middlo to attend the GP´s !!!! This is something that is totally wrong, Neil should be with the British Boys and he would be given half the chance but why should this be at his expense? :mad:

Nice to see a smiley before the managing Newport bit! :D Good point SCB, would be interesting what Middlo thinks about this, haven't I seen him with the riders at a GP before? :unsure:

Yes Mid was in Stockholm and Cardiff, both of which he paid for I believe!

Thanks for the reply Tabs and it's just what I thought - BSPA at fault again! How much would it cost them to fly out a rep (be it Middlo or someone else) - my guess is about £300 top whack! What a small price to pay for success in the World arena :shock:

Thanks for the reply Tabs and it's just what I thought - BSPA at fault again! How much would it cost them to fly out a rep (be it Middlo or someone else) - my guess is about £300 top whack! What a small price to pay for success in the World arena :shock:

Well from my point it cost me 218.00 for the return flight and 2 nights in hotel so not a huge amount for them to pay out !

However, Mid does keep in touch with the boys via mobile during the weekend!

By the way, well done to Scott for tonight, he is not too badly hurt just a little battered when we spoke with him after the meeting!

However, Mid does keep in touch with the boys via mobile during the weekend!

At his own expense I bet - and hardly the same as being there to support them in person is it?

I would have thought there is loads more money being put into supporting the Danish cause by the Danish authorities, aren't they the lucky ones!

And yes it was a shame for Scotty, that rut caused loads of probs!

Edited by Trees

Terrific effort by Scott I thought, given his physical state. The guy puts on a brave face, but the constant falls given the injuries he's carrying have got to hurt.

He shouldn't feel too gutted; because whilst he was unlucky to miss out on the final, he was equally lucky to be in the semi following Andersen's EF.

Guest JY2003

Well Done Scottie, he did very well, :) He must have been kicking himself about it

I agree that Scottie was unlucky to fall, but, there is little doubt in my mind that Jonsson would have JUST beaten him, in fact, I would say that he was very slighty ahead when the accident happened.

What race were you watching, on my telly Scott was just about infront and gaining momentum when he lifted, if he'd have stayed on the bike he would have finished ahead of Jonsson to claim second place a final slot. :lol:

What race were you watching, on my telly Scott was just about infront and gaining momentum when he lifted, if he'd have stayed on the bike he would have finished ahead of Jonsson to claim second place and a final slot. :lol:

They are playing a repeat of the meeting right now, this time I will record it to take a good look, when I watched it last night I was of the opinion that Jonsson was coming to win the race.