British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KFC Baby

Forgotten anyone!?

Guest KFC Baby

The only thing people seem to be focusing on from last night's GP is the exclusion of Nicki Pedersen!

We seem to be forgetting the achievements of AJ who rode superbly last night and earned his highest placing ever in a GP! He's shot up to 7th place from 11th and is only 1 point behind Gollob.

He is definitely Sweden's next World Champion, so give him some credit.

Quite right as well, I have always rated Jonsson, even though he is a little inconsistent, but, when he is good, he is very good.

Jonsson world champ? Never in a month od Sundays. Hasn't got what it takes and will never be in the world top three.

Hasn't improved at all in the last couple of years and although he did well yesterday, it won't happen again in a hurry. A nearly man, who is being overtaken already by better, younger riders.

I noticed that Andreas looked very smooth and professional last night :) Sometimes when I watch him, he lifts the front wheel or rides the boards so close that my heart is in my mouth.

Well done Andreas :D

Andreas seems to be going in the right direction...unlike some of his more esteemed colleagues who are actually going backwards....riders who only a couple of years ago were being touted as possible champions themselves...

A very mature performance from andreas to follow up his impressive performance at Cardiff. The boy seems to be improving every week and I hope it continues.

Does anyone else think that his upturn in fortunes could be down to the bees wonnong two meetings on the trot therefore his confidnce is bound to be higher than it was a motnh or so back

Jonsson world champ? Never in a month od Sundays. Hasn't got what it takes and will never be in the world top three.

Hasn't improved at all in the last couple of years and although he did well yesterday, it won't happen again in a hurry. A nearly man, who is being overtaken already by better, younger riders.

Course Not, Steve.....

After all, he has never strapped on the Skull & Crossbones Race-Jacket, and rode for the Whinebore Road crew, so you will never rate him, will you.......

Never be world champ or in the top three, eh SS ?

We shall see, but I wouldnt bet against it.....

Not knocking the Drymls, but Andreas has definitely overtaken those two in the last couple of season's, but you no doubt wont see it or admit to it because....They have rode for Poole.......

Of course, should Andreas ever join the Pirates your tune will no doubt change, and AJ will overnight become the best thing since Hovis !

AJ was a star last night i really thought he could of won it and he came so close but 2nd place is so good for him, im so pleased for him and i hope he is too!

Jeffster, there are better riders about who will relegate Jonsson to the also ran booth, along with Max, Holta, Sullivan and a few more.

Younger riders are making their way and in the next couple of years we will see new names dominating the GP series.

Bjerre, Lindback, Andersen, Hampel, as well as Crump for a couple more years and Adams.

As for Dryml, last year he made great strides and was becoming a world beater. Since his bad crash he has taken gigantic leaps backwards and looks a shadow of the rider he was last year. A change of club, the injury and he has a hell of a lot to do to remain in the GP.

Steve, you make it look as though AJ is an old man, but he is still in his early twenties !

He will be at the forefront of the GP's in years to come, when Trick, Adams, Jason, Max, etc. have retired......

I just don't think he has what it takes to be a world champ.

Garbage, utter garbage. Andreas Jonsson is a brilliant talent who can win races from the front or back, has good equipment and is utterly professional. He's a title contender for the next 6-8 years.

I think you're being a little harsh on Andreas, Steve.

The guy broke his back when he was just 18 years old and then won the world under 21 championship in his comeback year.

He's an obvious natural talent and will be the person to succeed Tony in the World championship.

He's had a lot of bad luck with injury but if he can string a few years together without serious injury he'll be up there as world champion.

I just don't think he has what it takes to be a world champ.

Or do you mean 'I just don't think he has what it takes to be a world champ - cos he doesn't ride for Poole!!!'