British Speedway Forum
longlivefrankie

Your Favourite Track

I am going off the subject a bit here, but did many people ever get to Skegness?

I went a couple of times & thought the track wasn't bad at all. Brent Werner certainly liked it. :)

A couple of times Liontamer? You probably saw half a season then! That particular track is a bit of a bug-bear really. Of my regular well travlled companions, only one of us got to Skegness, he's in that neck of the woods every fortnight. He does happen to mention that fact now and again! :o

I thought that Skegness was quite a nice track, although some of the stadium was pretty run down. I liked the place though.

I thought that Skegness was quite a nice track, although some of the stadium was pretty run down.  I liked the place though.

No need for you to rub it in as well Cliv Clav! :D

Having criticised White City, it was on the basis of the meetings I had seen there, particularly the appalling British Open in 1982.

Gordon Kennett remains one of my all-time favourite riders, and he wasn't just a gater. He could gate, but he was no slouch from behind either. So if a rider like that could handle White City (and I believe he had a 10point + average there for at least seasons 1977/8), it can't have been that quite that bad.

County Ground!

All the other tracks mentioned are just by people who have never been to watch the Falcons :mad:

You better go soon or the experiance will never be there!!