British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Who will win the World Cup??

italy :approve:

Edited by sirmatty

France! :D

italy :approve:

The way they rode in the last 6-7 heats and they way they celebrated, anyone would swear they were World Champions. It was great to see one of the lesser nations actually do something, even if there was a bit of luck involved in some heats.

I really believe right now that we can win it, I think it's going to be really close and it might go down to the fact one team will drop 6 point back and use a joker while another team never finds themselves 6 point down, yet I can see Swede, GB and Denmark all scoring pretty similar points, I can't see there being any more than 8 points between the 3 teams. The Aussie might also just steal, again, because of the Joker and being able to use it when other cannot.

Edited by SCB

I was a bit worried about the Italian team having so many girls.......

Daniele, Simone, Andrea.

Still in the end they did very well so congratulations to them. :D

I voted Denmark to win the World Cup on the forum poll, but I hope I'm wrong.

I was a bit worried about the Italian team having so many girls.......

Daniele, Simone, Andrea.

Still in the end they did very well so congratulations to them. :D

I voted Denmark to win the World Cup on the forum poll, but I hope I'm wrong.

Yes but

I bet Summit thought otherwise :D:unsure:

I think it will be a very close affair now that the racing moves to Poole. If you look at all 4 teams ‘expected’ to get to the final there are arguments for and against all. Now taking into consideration that the Aussie’s and Swede’s get through the race off my verdict and predictions would be (from my head not my heart)…………

1st Place – Sweden

Although they were well beaten by Team GB none of the Swedes have ever ridden for Eastbourne so no real home track advantage was available however at Poole they not only have Rickardsson who has tonnes of experience of the circuit but their weak link (IMO) Antonio Lindback will also be on home shale (ahem) and could be a match winner. Add to that the fact Jonsson goes well at Poole and is also admirably backed up by the brothers Karlsson (in old money) and I would put them in pole position.

2nd Place – Team GB

Another squad with plenty of ex-pirates. Nicholls, Loram, Ricko and Havvy have all donned the skull and crossbones in recent years and that will prove handy. I think they have a bit more strength in depth than the Oz boys which will see them pick up the Silver medal but just not strong enough to live with the solid Swedish 5. A lot depends on Havvy now he has been called up and he and Norris will be the ones who will have to ride with their heads a bit more and not their hearts if GB are to push for gold.

3rd Place - Australia

Again plenty of experience of Wimborne Rd, all the top three Oz boys have ridden for Poole at one stage or another and Sullivan who had a bit of an off start to Tuesday night will be on his home track. The crux for the Oz team is the performances of Johno and Shields, the latter of which who could struggle in the company. If these two can get amongst it then they will run the Swedes and Team GB all the way.

4th Place – Denmark

Although they looked awesome in their qualifier I think that they really only had 3 riders who were regularly competitive to deal with (the Oz top three) and because of this they may struggle a bit more against 3 other quality riders in each race rather than 1. Although Bjarne Pedersen is a home track man and Hans Andersen is a former pirate I believe that their strength in depth and experience at this level may taint any chance of the Danes winning. They will really have to be up for it if they are to do anything and to be honest if Team GB don’t do it then I hope the Danes do for the sheer enthusiasm and togetherness they show.

Now you just watch that order get reversed on Saturday, when the Czech’s win followed by Poland………………………

Pete

Edited by Pete

they really only had 3 riders who were regularly competitive to deal with (the Oz top three)

Pete, i think the crux for the Oz team also is that Adams and Sullivan performs. They both lost 3 out of 5 in allmost man to man heats against the Danes.

Crump was up to standard, only lost to............................ Kenneth Bjerre !

Any way, it will be a fantastic final on saturday, if Sweden and Oz shows up that is !

Peter S.

The oz team are out of it ,the other 3 teams have all got 5 good riders where the oz team has two weak links that will run two many last places .

The more i look at it i think it's between the swedes and team gb

My choice is....

1st.. Sweden.

2nd..Denmark

3rd..Britain

4th..Australia.

Yes but

I bet Summit thought otherwise 

What...that Denmark would win? :D

If you are referring to the girls in the Italian team, unfortunately Andrea, Simone and Daniele looked just a little bit too masculine for him. :wink:

Edited by Gemini

As quoted on William Hill website

Speedway World Cup Run Off

Sweden 11/10

Australia 11/10

Poland 11/2

Czech Republic 20/1

Speedway World Cup

Denmark 9/4

Great Britain 5/2

Australia 5/2

Sweden 7/2

Poland 16/1

Czech Republic 66/1

Now second faves :approve:

I see it like that:

1. Denmark

2. GB

3. Sweden

4. Australia

seems to me like a logical assumption

or:

1. Denmark

2. GB

3. Poland

4. Sweden

just my wishful thinking :wink:

to me it looks like a question - is Denmark going to overcome home team? I think they will but it will be very hard to beat you guys at home. Of course I'm assuming that Denmark is going to stay hot.

Edited by Leliwa

I think the Run Off will be a tight affair and i'm sticking my neck out and going for the Poles to surprise everyone and qualify with Sweden at the expense of the Aussies. ;)

Run off Result...

1-Sweden

2-Poland

3-Australia

4-Czech Republic

Final Result...

1-Sweden

2-Denmark

3-Great Britain

4-Poland

I think the Aussies could really struggle in the play-offs, and another good meeting is in prospect.

As for the winner, I hope GB can do it, they do have a decent looking chance, but, I am sticking with the Swedes, Lindback and Max both had a torrid time at Eastbourne, but, it could be a lot different at Poole.