British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Who will win the World Cup??

Everyone seems to be forgetting we've already beaten Sweden and Poland in the competition so there's no reason we can't do it again!

This is far and away our best chance to win the trophy which we haven't won since 1989 - yes 15 years ago!!! - and I firmly believe we will.

Get behind our team and give them all the support they deserve and remember that even if things go wrong tonight they have already done us proud. :approve:

I am prepared to admit that I felt a little emotional on Monday when we won the qualifier and that is something I'm looking forward to experiencing again tonight - all we need is belief in ourselves and I'm sure Middlo has installed that in the team and the team will install that in the fans!!!

We are right behind you Team GB - go for it lads!!!

If Richardson gates like he's been doing in the GP's, and Loram and Nicholls have enough dirt to race on, whilst Havelock grabs any point he can, then this is our best chance for years.

Team GB

Denmark

Sweden

Poland

:D

Iam totally gutted my cable and internet went down on thursday because of the storm ,it has only just come back on ,so i missed the meeting on thursday night i normally tape it as well, i set the recorder to tape it at ten the next day whilst i was at work ,but of course it still was not on so all i got is a load of snow,so frustrating whe things like this happen ,every one keeps saying it was a really good meeting,but of course no one had taped it as they were watching it ,am so anoyed about not being able to see it,but what can you do, (b---dy weather, and cable it took them nearly forty eight hours to get it back on.) :cry:

Look on the bright side la-la - at least you will be able to watch us win the trophy tonight!

I taped the meeting on thursday, still got it aswell if you want to see it, get in touch and i'll send it to you.

As for tonight, our best chance in years, as long as we don't suffer the same kind of nervousness Lindback had the other night we'll be fine.

1, Team GB

2, Sweden

3, Denmark

4, Poland

Have to say it's very close to call but our superior strength in depth should see us through.

We can ALL be sure our british team will give their best .......... I soooooo hope it's good enough. Sooooooooo wish I was there :cry:

GOOD LUCK TEAM GB

Edited by Trees

GOOD LUCK TEAM GB

we know you can do it!

BP, HA, NP is usually riding well on the Poole track.

KB and PUK do have the capability to do so, so I think it is going to be a quite even and tough match tonight.

My predictions :

Denmark

Sweden

England

Poland.

COME ON DK, SHOW THEM ALL

Isn't Poland the youngest team in the meeting (especially now when Walasek is replaced by another junior: Rempala) ?? :D Wouldn't it be the great surprise if we manage at least bronze medal ?? :D

Hope so !

polska_flaga2.gif

Isn't Poland the youngest team in the meeting (especially now when Walasek is replaced by another junior: Rempala) ?? :D Wouldn't it be the great surprise if we manage at least bronze medal ?? :D

Hope so !

polska_flaga2.gif

I Think Denmarks team is quite young as well.

Well team GB is the oldest, the Swedes cannot be older, can they?

I would imagine age wise it Team GB, Sweden, Denmark, Poland(4 riders under 22?).

Poland(4 riders under 22?).

Kolodziej - 20

Rempala - 20

Kasprzak 20

Hampel - 22

Gollob - 33

--------------

average 23 B)

Guest JY2003

I dunno who will win it tonight. Its going to be extra tough for the GB boys. After seeing Poland and Swedens performace on Thursday.

Forgive me guys but I'm glad that the Brits didn't manage the gold medal tonight. What did the referee was totally wrong and it would be a shame if the Brits would win tonight becouse stopping the race when Kolodziej (great performance tonight !!!!) was having problems with his bike was totally unfair.

Kolodziej & Rempala - the biggest surprise of the final ? ;)