British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saxscreenymaster

World Cup Final

Guest Saxscreenymaster

Hi Shalefans, does anyone know of any "pubs" in the York to Thirsk area that are likely to show the Final on Sky sports 3, this Saturday. If it was "footy" there'd be no prob! Sadly, I will be away from my regular venue and may have to watch it after the event!

If "Middlo" wanted massive support would it not have been wiser to stage the matches at a more central location? ;)

Guest wilburforce
If "Middlo" wanted massive support would it not have been wiser to stage the matches at a more central location? ;)

Totally agree.

How many people can get, or even want to get to, Eastbourne/Poole in the week when they can watch it all on TV? I think the prices are too high as well...I think a more central location would have been more sensible.

The crowd didn't look too bad to me, especially on Monday. It's understandable that it wasn't as good on Tuesday when there was no GB team there.

I'm sure the place will be packed at Poole for the final and a good attendance at the play-off on Thursday as well.

I don't want to sound like Steve Shovlar :D but I don't think you can beat the South Coast for the venues. And did you notice the sun was shining whereas other parts of the country seemed to be having thunderstorms and heavy rain?

Spot on picking Eastbourne & Poole I think. Wish I could have been in the area on holiday this week, but we were in Dorset two weeks ago so just missed out.

The place will be packed out on Saturday. I am guessing we may have a lockout for latecomers. If the weather is OK, the Poole fans alone will be out in force, especially with several pages a day on the event in the local Echo. Add to that it's peak holiday season, with tens of thousands of holidaymakers, and there will be queues around the block to get in.

Why have it centrally when the fans can go to the beach in the morning then go the the SWC final in the evening?

BRINGITON!

UPTHE BRITS!

The tickets sales have been very poor so far but at poole they might be better imo you will just be able to pay on the door on the night

I wouldn't expect the pre-match sales to be anytihng to write home about. It may be the right choice of venues, but it's a long way to go for a rain off. Most people are going to wait, then just pay on the gate. Can't remember how many of our British pennies they're asking, but I remember thinking it was expensive.

Well I wasn't going to bother going - thought I'd sit and home and watch on TV. But with the Brits in the Final, good weather forecast for the weekend, the great atmosphere that I know there'll be ...I've booked my tickets for the Final this morning. :D And judging by the amount of time I had to wait on the line to get through I reckon there's a lot of people doing the same.

For anyone booking now you can pick the tickets up on the day. Sounds good to me and saves the hassles of waiting on the post!

Bring it on!!! Just got to remember to take the sunglasses and to put a couple of brewskis in the bag and we're set. B)

Why have it centrally when the fans can go to the beach in the morning then go the the SWC final in the evening?

Perhaps, just perhaps, there are some people who don't want to go and sit on a beach all day. That is after a good 4 hours of travelling, traffic jams, the petrol cost, then the cost of the admission prices etc... If it was being held at Belle Vue, Worky and Sheffield for example would you still be saying there is no need to have it centrally. (That is if you are based in Poole?).

I would love to go to Poole on saturday and infact for the other rounds, but time, money and location make it difficult, until then Sky it will be.

What sort of speedway supporter are you Ruby Tuesday? Isn't that the joys of away matches?

Been doing it for years and wouldn't change it for the world. Bombing up and down the M6 and beyond when I was in Scotland, and now, instead of heading south all the time, I can't really get further south, so I'm always on the way back up again!

What I would have given years ago to have lived in Sheffield and be complaining about having to make it to Poole!

I'll be there, although this year it's easy, I'm only along in Sussex. No matter where it was in the UK, if I could afford it, I'd have been there!

GO TEAM GB!

I can see where Ruby Tuesday is coming from with regards to travel...we too have at least a 4 hour drive to Poole on Saturday, but to me it will be worth every minutes stuck in a traffic Jam, every second of stress with the kids and worth every penny spent on fuel,accomodation, food etc, to have the opputunity to cheer on our lads. I think anything else I would have had to think twice about it......all I can say now is.....ROLL ON SATURDAY

Hi Shalefans, does anyone know of any "pubs" in the York to Thirsk area that are likely to show the Final on Sky sports 3, this Saturday. If it was "footy" there'd be no prob! Sadly, I will be away from my regular venue and may have to watch it after the event!

I'll be sat at home watching it. Doubt very much that any of the pubs here in York would show it to be honest. Its not like we have a local team as such.

What sort of speedway supporter are you Ruby Tuesday? Isn't that the joys of away matches?

I am the kind of speedway supporter that travels as far as she can for meetings, within the montly money budget, allowing for someone to be able to let the dog out and feed him and have to plan it around work. I also don't want to miss Sheffield tonight and I have sky to watch the final on saturday.

I have travelled the length and bredth of the country in recent seasons to watch meetings and in the past have been @ Wolves on Monday, Lynn on Wednesday, Ippo on Thursday, Peterborough on Friday, Cov on Saturday and Buxton on Sunday. I've travelled to Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Poland for GP's - that's what kind of fan I am.

If they held these kind of events more centrally (Cov would be ideal) then many more people would financially be able to go. We aren't all made of money. There will be scottish fans for example that can make the trip to Poole and Eastbourne and maybe tie it in with a holiday etc, but if it was a bit more central then there will be a lot more people attending, more money through the turnstiles, more money in the pockets of the organisers all round people are happy.

Or is it just because you all live on the south coast that you think it's a great idea? If I could go then I would, but can't so have to make the best of a bad situation. :blink:

The place will be packed out on Saturday. I am guessing we may have a lockout for latecomers. If the weather is OK, the Poole fans alone will be out in force, especially with several pages a day on the event in the local Echo. Add to that it's peak holiday season, with tens of thousands of holidaymakers, and there will be queues around the block to get in.

BRINGITON!

UPTHE BRITS!

Could someone fetch Steve a box of tissues please.

Ruby Tuesday sorry you can't make it, though its a decidion of choice. I went to Sheffield a couple of years ago in the rain. Looks like the weather up there is going to be very wet with storms, while down here its hot and balmy.

As for more people attending if it was held further north, I totally disagree. The place will be packed out.

I think where ever it had been held people would have moaned.....too far north and you would have all the southerners moaning, down south....well, whats been happening, people moaning. I am in an awkward part of the country where it seems to take ages to get anywhere, I may be in the south but it is still a bloody long way to go to get to Poole. I must admit this weekend is going to be a very expensive one for us, fuel costs alone are going to be high, no chance of driving there and back and watch the meeting in one day so an overnight stay and add to that the rather expensive ticket prices (and I am not made of money, far from it, at the moment I am trying to decide what bill I don't pay so we can afford to go).

I had to sit and think long and hard before we bought the tickets (and I did plenty of moaning on here too). Now after the expense, I am going to look forward to it and enjoy myself.

N.B Just checked, it would take the same amount of time to get to Sheffield as it would Poole for me, and it takes slightly less to get to Coventry, also, those living in Sheffield, it takes them only 15 minutes more than me to get to Poole,and those living in Coventry have over an hour shorter journey than I have,so although I am classed as living in the south.....it's not that far south.

Edited by crazysue