British Speedway Forum
sirmatty

well done AJ+ tomaz wot a meeting

great meeting even though before the meeting i wasn't to bothered if i watched it or not really. heart was in the mouth both times aj was riding (expecting to end uip with no heat leader for next thursday) but absolutly quality think he even shocked himself when he looked back at the replays.

if thats a preview for things to come on saturday night then is will be a night not to be missed. I've got tickets for the meeting so i can't wait for it no.

think it will finish

1. sweeden

2. GB

3. Denmark

4. Poland

but who knows what order it will finish in ;):unsure:

Edited by pug/206

Fantastic meeting. Roll on saturday and lets hope the brits can do it. One thing for sure.....it will be the team who wants it most that will win...and the team who takes no prisoners....kind of points towards the Danes I think.....

I managed to get haom from a rained off Sheffield to watch from about heat 15 and it was fantastic. GOLLOB IS GOD. I always bet on a Pole at Poole whenever i've been there and now I remember why. They were fantastic. But someone please shoot the.ir manager! He really needs to let the riders have a go at saying something for themselves instead of butting in.

Will be 95% behind the brits on sat 5% of me behind the Poles. Should be a cracker of a meeting.

Cheer up Crumpy, I know it's your birthday today, but face it, YOU LOST!!!!

Fantastic meeting. Roll on saturday and lets hope the brits can do it. One thing for sure.....it will be the team who wants it most that will win...and the team who takes no prisoners....kind of points towards the Danes I think.....

Think this could be a long meeting. With nobody prepared to give ground and riders like Nicki Pedersen, Hans Andersen, Gollob etc in the mix, i can see a lot of re-runs and incidents.

What a meeting in prospect. :D

For sure this was the best meeting I have ever seen on Sky, sheer determination from all the riders on show, I think you would have had the same on any track in the country though. How I wish Gollob was racing back in the EL, he alone would add hundreds on to every attendance, the guy is amazing.

Wow, what an excellent meeting, my parents bought my eldest son home halfway through and we virtually ignored them (after they had been greeted by a wall of noise from us shouting at the telly). We were so wrapped up in what was happening that we forgot the children were watching the telly upstairs in the bedroom and not in bed asleep as they should have been....they had a bit of a late night.

AJ was awesome, how on earth did he find the room? How on earth did he stay on the bike when he reared up and hit the air fence....and still take the win.

Gollob was still as stylish as usual and it's british speedway loss that he doesn't ride over here all the time.

I also think Topinka did well (oh how I shouted when he was riding)

All in all an excellent meeting and a great advert for our sport (apart from the joker in the last heat)...just hope the final is half as good, so glad we have our tickets and can be there.

Totally agree with all that Steve Schovlar has said.

This was one of the most entertaining, nail biting meetings I have ever seen on Sky.

I felt the referee made two blunders. One when he allowed Lindback to stay in the race when he brought down Kolodziej. The other when he excluded Michael Max. I love Johnno but I felt he went down just a tad to easily.

As for my hero Tomaszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....one word WOW :approve:

More crap refereeing.

Totally with you on both decisions - the Lindback one was absolutely blatant.

AL turned the corner too hard and too clumsily and clobbered Janusz.

He should have been out. Shocking decision.

The Johnston one was harder to call but it looked like he was passed and took a gamble to drop his bike.

There was certainly contact but just as no contact doesn't always mean there hasn't been a foul ride contact does necesarilly mean that has been a foul ride.

Apparently the ref studied the video too (what was on it Coronation Street??????)

Absolutely TOP CLASS meeting though, and Janusz's price should have gone up so much that hopefully the Racers can keep him as an asset.

Hands off, Poole. AJ is ours and we're not letting him go!!!!! :D

It was a CLASSIC!!!

Fair play to Poole for producing a fantastic racing track and fair play to all the riders for going for broke and providing a superb meeting.

Lets hope the Final is similarly exciting.

No the crowds are much larger and the atmosphere far better .

But the racing is just as good .

No it's not, the track could have been like the M1 (in fact it was towards the end apart from the dirt piled up against the fence) and the racing would have been still as good as the riders were so determined tonight.

That meeting could have been anywhere and it would have been just as entertaining because it was do or die.

Its the shape of the track that makes for good racing hence the great racing last night.

Guest wilburforce
As a man once said to me

Tomek Gollob Tomek !!

Arh... Fond memories of Bydgoszcz. Roll on September, can't wait. :D

It was great to see Tomasz racing some of the lines around Poole like he does Bydgoszcz. If you don't see him ride there it is hard to appreciate how awesome he is, but last night he proved it to all. :rolleyes:

I was jumping around the lounge in heat 25. Was really miffed that a team could go and qualify by using the joker in the last heat, but I guess Tomasz wanted it more. I think they shoudl have a re-think next year and say that the joker can only be used in the first 24 heats.

Guest wilburforce
AJ was awesome, how on earth did he find the room? How on earth did he stay on the bike when he reared up and hit the air fence....and still take the win.

Totally agree, despite what some Cov fans might say, AJ is class. He is so talented and I am SURE he will make it to the top.

Guest wilburforce
But someone please shoot the.ir manager! He really needs to let the riders have a go at saying something for themselves instead of butting in.

I thought he was great. Really enthusiastic. It was great to see someone in the sport with some spirit.

The Polish manager was a class act, he should definitely get his own show! :D

What a great meeting, i can't remember seeing one better. To me the best four teams are in the final. Now all i want is for the Brits to win. If they don't which is hard for me to contemplate they will have taken part in a final with the best three teams that have ever reached a final. :D